Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Azalia apparently does. She has a furry mouse look alike stuffy toy which I throw across the floor and she will retrieve and place it before me so I can throw it again. She seems to enjoy the movement the mouse appears to make when it is in motion by my throw. I've just never seen a cat fetch and bring a toy back repeatedly so I was wondering if anyone else's kitty did the same.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
My Precious is the only cat I have had who played fetch. She was so special to me. Her "mousie" was a piece of cardboard rolled up. She watched where I threw it, and if I missed and it landed on the love seat, I'd tell her it was on the "love, love, love." She understood that, because I always said that as I petted her there. It was so touching.
She was a lovely Seal Point Siamese. Here's a picture through the window. She's at the Bridge now, but I'll always love her.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
It's so cool your cat fetches!
Arianwen seems to know the game would be more exciting if she fetched her "mouse" after I throw it. But when she looks down at the toy, then back at me, she gets this poignant, sad look of doubt in her eyes.

My baby had a hard, discouraging kitten-hood, and it will take time for her to overcome it.
I think when she realizes nothing bad is going to happen, she'll be a proper "fetching" kitty, in every sense of the word. :luv

Jeanie, that is a beautiful picture of Precious! :love2

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I wish. :) Stormy is a half-fetcher. I throw the toy mouse, she runs after it.... then she sits there looking at me like she's wondering why I don't pull another toy mouse to throw out of thin air. Or like she's wondering why I don't come pick up the mouse myself to throw it again. :)

·
Registered
731 Posts
My gal fetches to an extent. She fetches and brings it half way quite often, sometimes she fetches it all the way. She often drops a toy at my feet or next to me in the couch to get me playing.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Elijah loves fetch but doesn't like to stop so we play for 1/2 an hour or so straight at least once a day. He likes it if I throw his mouse on top of things, like stacks of PA equipment, so he really has to work for it. Oddly 4 out the 5 kittens in the litter all play fetch and none of them were really taught. Could it be an inherited trait? The 5th I don't know about so she may too. After a few emails I haven't heard from her new owners though my niece knows them and says she is doing great and rules the roost.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Aries loves playing fetch! She will do it for an hour at a time if you give her a chance....its also quiet funny when she will bring every single ball she can find in to the bedroom middle of the night and meow until you throw it.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Nanook loves to play fetch with balls of paper. He'd play for hours if I could. It looks like he's taught Lucy 'cause she's started too but, she sort of brings it back in her own time. Sometimes she'll show up 10 minutes later with the paper in her mouth. Then she drops it and meows at me like "Hey, slacker! I need you to throw this now!"

·
Registered
71 Posts
Snowball likes to do that at times, usually her mouse toys or even hair ties.. she has a weird obsession with carrying them around. She doesn't eat them usually, just picks them up. She's a bit of a strange cat. I will throw it for her and sometimes she will bring it back or close enough.. then repeat until she stops haha.
Here is a photo I have taken of her one time she was waiting with her furry ball toy to play again v

·
Banned
125 Posts
Stitch plays fetch. He loves it, more than anything else. When he was younger, my stepdad would bring him home packages of earplugs (clean ones) that were on a string. Stitch would have so much fun packing them around, rolling himself up in them, etc. One day, he was walking around with them in his mouth, and he brought them up to me and dropped them at my feet. He sat there for a few minutes looking at me, and then started meowing continuously. I didn't know what was wrong with him, I tried petting him, talking to him, picking him up and cuddling him, checking to see if anything was wrong with him, etc.. Eventually I picked up the earplugs and threw them -- off he went and a few seconds later I heard a 'plunk' and there he was, waiting for me to throw them again. Ever since, he'll find a pair of his earplugs laying somewhere around the house and he'll bring them up to me and meow until I throw them for him. He could play all night if he wanted to, I usually play fetch with him for a half-hour to an hour a night and then try my best to ignore his meows. Sometimes, we go for almost two hours!

·
Registered
21 Posts
My kitty Nisha plays fetch! It is so much fun, and such entertainment to see her come trotting proudly back and drop her toy in my hand after I throw it. She is the only cat I have personally known to do that! She will pretty much fetch any small toy we throw, but she does have a little mouse she especially loves to fetch with - and she will play for as long as possible! It was quite a shock when we first discovered her talent - I remember laughing and laughing! :lol:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Not exactly fetch, but Miu likes to bat something at u. Then if you bat it back to her, she'll again bat it back to u. This goes on for a while til she gets bored. HAHA, I think it's super cute. My cat does this semi-fetch thing, but my dog doesn't. Instead if u give him a toy, he runs off with it...esp if you ask him where he's going. LOL!

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Alpaca said:
Not exactly fetch, but Miu likes to bat something at u. Then if you bat it back to her, she'll again bat it back to u. This goes on for a while til she gets bored. HAHA, I think it's super cute. My cat does this semi-fetch thing, but my dog doesn't. Instead if u give him a toy, he runs off with it...esp if you ask him where he's going. LOL!
Sam (Rainbow Bridge kitty) didn't fetch, but he played kitty soccer, too. :D I'd toss or roll a toy to him, and he would bat it back to me. We'd play soccer like that for about fifteen minutes or so, till he got bored with the game..

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Ah, good name for it, kitty soccer. Why didn't I think of that?! But yeah, it was also a case of when Miu would get bored..and she got bored real fast...less than 15 mins. LOL!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts