Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought Maxie to Vet Emergency last night, and she has Feline Vulva Fold Dermatitis :(.

"Excessive skin folds around the vulva can lead to the accumulation of urine and vaginal secretions. A moist, dark environment is created where bacteria and yeast can thrive, resulting in vulvar fold dermatitis."

Good news is that it's not life threatening. Bad news is that it does cause her pain/stinging down there. :( I can't stand that.

I have to give her an antibiotic 2x per day for 10 days. Have to try to wipe her area down there, and also give her a cream. Vet also recommended getting wipes for her at the Pet store. And cleaning her down there alot from here on out.

Very difficult to do all three.

Just wondering if anyone has any kitties who've had it, or have had reoccurances and if anything else helped? Anything..any tips would be greatful.

The vet said there is a surgery for it; but they do not do it until it's cleared up. Have to get through this first.

My poor baby. Please help.

Thank you for reading and sharing if you can.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Make sure she is fully gron before you do the surgery.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Grown, sorry - that was before my morning caffiene.

Nope, but a little experience with Shar Pei's that require surgery. The risk of doing it too early is that too much skin is left, so the problem continues, or that too much skin is removed. Either is uncomfortable.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Grown, sorry - that was before my morning caffiene.

Nope, but a little experience with Shar Pei's that require surgery. The risk of doing it too early is that too much skin is left, so the problem continues, or that too much skin is removed. Either is uncomfortable.

Haha, yes I hear you...just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something.

Yes, it's really a bummer. Poor baby..she already has feline herpes :(

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Don't worry about the feline herpes most cats have it. They usually aren't bothered by it after the first 2 or 3 outbreaks. Give her some L-lysine with her meals until she's able to fend off the virus on her own.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts