Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 14 year old Suga, has lost 2 pounds in one month. She has been lethargic, wheezing, coughing, and she's had rapid breathing, she will not eat, but
she drinks alot of water, and she will eat treats. I took her to the emergency on July the 4th and they couldn't find anything wrong with her. They gave her
fluids underneath her skin to help hydrate her and a antibiotic injection that will last 2 weeks in her system. We took her to a doctor today she had a blood
test done and nothing showed up. So she sent us home and said if no improvements by Friday to bring her back. I am really worried about her, but she
does seem a little better tonight. Just hoping and praying she will be okay. Anybody else ever have this problem???? Thanks

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Glad to hear you've had her checked out by a vet. At 14 yrs. she is considered elderly and you should prepare yourself that you may not have too much time left with her. I'm not a vet or vet tech and but the wheezing and coughing may be allergies? Another vet may have a different opinion. I don't know what's wrong with her, but if she goes off all food and becomes lethargic, she may be coming to the end of her life. Just cherish and love her.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You for Responding, it's like she was well one day and then the next she was sick. Thank You for your response!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’m sorry to hear your baby’s not feeling well. I do t know what bloodwork they did, but did she have her thyroid checked. Thyroid disease is very common in cats her she and can lead to kidney failure. With medication it can be controlled.
like the other person stated, she is elderly and may just be slowing down, but you make it sound sudden and not gradual, so you’re right to have her checked. Best of luck, give her lots of love.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts