Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure that my Squirts got stung with a wasp while up in my catwalk because I saw the wasp and I saw her eye roll back showing the whites of her eyes. She then ran out of there and looked back like she was afraid, but I can’t find a stinger or a welt or anything. Plus I was sure she got stung in the eye by the way she was acting and again no signs of anything. Once she got back in the house she returned to her normal self as if nothing happened.

I don’t get it are cats immune to wasp stings?

She did go back out afterward and that’s when I took this photo:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
A sting to an eye is a medical emergency - with loss of vision a real possibility. It would also be one of the most painful things you can image.
If your cat lets you rub your hand over her eyes, with no signs of pain, then it is unlikely she was stung on either eye. If there is any indication of pain, go to the ER vet.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A sting to an eye is a medical emergency - with loss of vision a real possibility. It would also be one of the most painful things you can image.
If your cat lets you rub your hand over her eyes, with no signs of pain, then it is unlikely she was stung on either eye. If there is any indication of pain, go to the ER vet.
Thanks, well I guess she did not get it in the eye. I don't know why her eye turned like that unless the wasp was going for her eye and she was trying focus and get out of the way. She does have trouble seeing things up close anyway and can't see treats tossed in front of her. She has to use her nose.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts