Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had Oskar now for about a month. He is 2 years old and we rescued him from a person who abandoned him in an apartment. A couple of times I have spoken to him he has bit me or hissed at me. He used to do that a lot when we first got him but now that he trusts us he is just this big furry ball of love. One day after he used the cat pan he did quite a doozy that smelled pretty bad so I was laying down on the floor and said "boy you are a stinky kitty" and he hissed at me and ran for the closet. Another time when he kept wanting me to pet him for hours I said "If you don't stop being such a lover I am gunna call you a wussy name like Pumpkin" and then he bit me. I usually speak in a very sweet high pitched voice but I am wondering when I say things like this that maybe my voice is a bit deeper. Do you think he is responding to my voice change? I can't imagine he actually knows what I am saying and it taking it personally. What do you all think?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think that cats dont always know exactly what you say but the pitch and tone in what you say. We only have to say vets and they look at us scared. But as I say they pick up on the way you say something but not what you say. Well thats what I think anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts