Cat Forum banner

Does this look like a Persian to you?

3K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  catloverami 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a friend that runs an animal adoption/shelter service. They have this cat listed as a Persian, but I'm afraid that it is misidentified and may turn off some potential adopters. What do think she is?

View attachment 22122

View attachment 22130

#9 · (Edited)
Absolutely not a Persian. Persians have flat faces (do a google image search). It is however a gorgeous long haired cat.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Persians can have flat faces, known as pug faces or they can have a more traditional cat face known as doll face. Our silver Persian was a doll face - really, he was a doll face.

View attachment 23329

#10 ·
My cat has a doll face, but it is still not nearly as prominent as the cat in the first photo you posted. I hope that makes sense. I am sorry but I definitely would not identify that cat as a Persian. The false breed description would not stop me adopting it though... And hopefully this is true for most people prone to adopting.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#13 ·
Hard to tell when you can only see the front part of her .... tho it does look like white mitts on front feet (possibly Ragdoll or Birman in her background).....at any rate she's at least a Blue Point DLH.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.