Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this forward today:

Do you have a 710 on your car?
A few days ago I was having some work done at my local garage.
A very nice looking young women came in and asked for
a seven-hundred-ten.
We all looked at each other and another customer asked,
"What is a seven-hundred-ten?"
She replied, "You know, the little piece in the middle of the engine, I have lost it and need a new one.."
She said that she did not know exactly what it was, but this piece had always been there.
The mechanic gave her a piece of paper and a pen and asked her to draw what the piece looked like.
She drew a circle and in the middle of it wrote 710.
He then took her over to another car which had its hood up and asked
"Is there a 710 on this car?"
She pointed and said, "Of course, its right there."
If you're not sure what a 710 is, scan down.

·
Registered
214 Posts
LMAO... oh too funny!

Is that a true story?? I heard of this lady who took her car in for an oil change and they found quite a bit of illegal substances under her hood... She later said she didn't realize they'd have to lift the hood to do the oil change! Some people....

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Having listened to many true stories like this from my husband, I wouldn't doubt it at all!

When my husband was working for his father, who owned a repair shop, a young lady came in to buy a new wheelbase. I listened to the story from the dad, and had no idea what was making the two of them laugh so much. If there's anyone here as uninformed as I was, the wheelbase is the measurement between the front and rear axles! :) My father-in-law then berated me for not understanding my husband's profession. :(

I spent the next few months studying Chilton's Motor Manual. (But my husband didn't study music! How's that fair?) :wink:

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
It looks like a 710 to me - I know zero about cars. I am at the complete opposite to Andrew. And I won't *help* him put together his "granpa car" (monte carlo) either if he won't come with me to the opera and ballet 8) !
Only then will I call it fair game :wink:

·
Registered
866 Posts
There are SOOOO many stories like that. I have a couple...

#1 (Read in Car & Driver)

A woman went into a Ford dealership to schedule an appointment for her truck. When he asked what kind of truck it was, she replied that it was a "Ford Fiso".

At the time the dealership serviced various commercial trucks, including Mitsubishi Fuso's. He showed her one that was in for repairs, and she said it wasn't it, and was getting frustrated.

"I can't believe you don't know what I'm talking about, they're everywhere," she said, "You must have one on the lot." Since the guy had no idea what she was talking about, he told her to go out with him and show him one.

And she did. She showed him a Ford F150.

#2 (A friend's ex-girlfriend)

A friend of mine's (ex)girlfriend's mother had bought her an old beater to drive around in. She knows nothing about cars, and when he asked what kind of car it was she had no idea. He asked her to look on the car and she did. What was it? A Pontiac Gooole (she pronounced it goo-lee).

The car in which she was referring to was a Pontiac 6000LE.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts