Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thinking about this the other night... does your cat like to eat his/her (canned) food from a plate or out of a bowl?

I feel like canned might be easier to eat from a plate, but I'm not a kitty.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Mine used to eat from a bowl, but then Apple just randomly decided she wasn't going to eat from a bowl anymore. It took me a day or so to figure that out. Then about 2 months or so later Pedro decided he would also like to eat from a plate. Picky little monsters!

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
Plate only for Gracie too - her nose is too short :oops: to be comfortable with bowls, messes her whiskers up, we learned that while she was still a kitten. We use tempered-glass plates, it adds to the fun that she can see the food through 'em from below while we are fixing her meals :D!

Fran

·
Registered
239 Posts
my kitty's use the lil side plates from our dinner set to eat their wet food, the food tend's to get stuck up into the side's of bowl's where they push the food along as they eat & they don't like their lil whisker's touching the edges of bowl's either :)

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
we use a nice big shallow soup bowl. it's the best of both worlds! we also elevate it and have it tilted toward her so she can lap up all that warm, wonderful broth in front of her. yum! and as she licks the bowl clean, nothing spills over the edges. works for us. :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
She'll eat from anything, but she gets a plate because they're easier to clean.
Oscar is the same. He will eat out of bowl, from a plate, off of my fingers, and, if a smidgen gets on the placemat, he will eat off of that too. Almost no need to even clean the dish when he is done (although I do ):catmilk

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Plate for Joy! She kept shaking her head when we had the food in a bowl and figured it bothered her whiskers. Now she is quite happy. She has two plates, one for her dry food that we leave out for her all the time and one for wet that she gets as a treat once a week (or when she eats something that she really shouldn't and we need to get things to "flow" better lol)

·
Super Moderator
26,670 Posts
Plate or a bowl? Heck, my girls would eat off a dog, they're little piggies.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the input! I love that some of your cats will eat off of anything, haha. The cat we had growing up was so picky. Sometimes my mom would give her a little bit of tuna if she'd opened a can for herself, and Callie wouldn't even eat it unless it was broken up into TINY bits.

It seems like plates are more popular. I think that whenever we get a cat (which will hopefully be soon!) I'm going to go to one of those little paint-your-own pottery places and make a little plate for our kitty!

·
Super Moderator
26,670 Posts
My girls eat from little Fancy Feast bowls. There were several months when they came free with a case of FF, back when that's all my girls would eat. I have LOTS of them.

They're the perfect size.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Midnight, the wild cat, is so tough, he eats off anything too! Heck, I could probably just give him the unopened can and he'd get into it. :smile:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Marie, those Fancy Feast bowls bring back memories of watching TV as a kid! hahaha! and Susan, that plate is so cute / funny :D love it!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Mine doesn't care as long as it's ceramic, he won't eat from plastic. not sure why. If it's plastic he tips the food out(making a huge mess since he only eats wet food) and plays with the bowl(do they even make plastic plates?).

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have Cornish Rex.....well, sadly I am about to have only one of them.....anyway, they need so much stimulation that I feed them from two puzzle containers which make them work a bit for their food.

If i am not using one of these, normally they would eat anything from anything.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Thanks for all the input! I love that some of your cats will eat off of anything, haha. The cat we had growing up was so picky. Sometimes my mom would give her a little bit of tuna if she'd opened a can for herself, and Callie wouldn't even eat it unless it was broken up into TINY bits.
I put Missy's tuna in the mini-chopper with some water. If I don't all she'll do is lick it.

It seems like plates are more popular. I think that whenever we get a cat (which will hopefully be soon!) I'm going to go to one of those little paint-your-own pottery places and make a little plate for our kitty!
I was going to post about this. I read the other day that most cats prefer a plate, and some even prefer it raised. The article writer used a book to raise the plate.

Missy gets a saucer on the floor.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts