Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just now standing by Prince and watching him sleep, I was perfectly still and quiet, thinking how beautiful he is and how lucky I am to have him, and he suddenly made this whining sound ( a sound that we both make when we mean "don't disturb my sleep"), then he woke up.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am often amazed by animals senses. I swear my cats know the sounds of our vehicles and minutes before we pull up they're running to the window sill to wait, then the car pulls up and they run to the door. They always seem to know when someone's coming home before they're even down the road!

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Hmmm, I dunno, maybe Prince wasn't really sound asleep and was perfectly aware that you were standing there, and whined to warn you not to bother him, even tho he didn't open his eyes. I do that sometimes too!

As far as 6th sense, I do believe cat (and dogs) are quite intuitive. Lots of stories about dogs going to a window just before the owner comes home even if it's not a regular time.

And then there's "Oscar", the angel of death, in a Providence, RI nursing home who senses an impending death.

Cat's "Sixth Sense" Predicting Death? - CBS News

·
Registered
712 Posts
Evie will always be waiting on the stairs for me when I open the front door- before I've even put my keys in the door or made any sort of noise- she's there. No matter what time I come home. She doesn't do the same with my boyfriend when he comes home, just me :)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Casie used to be walking into my room the moment I woke up, no matter when it was. Even if I woke up in the middle of the night or at some irregular time. It always freaked me out. Cherry seems to know that I'm awake if I just flicker my eyes and don't move, even if she's on the other side of my room!

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe it's not that they have a sixth sense but extremely accute 5 senses, so accute we can't even start to imagine... Prince sleeps at my feet for hours while I work on the computer. Sometimes, if I just switch from staring at the screen to staring at him, he'll open his eyes or make the "do not disturb" sound...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts