Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I changed their diet and they aren't getting free fed mine wake me up every morning. It drives me crazy. No matter how late I feed them they still wake me up. I've tried giving them a little food right before I go to bed and they STILL wake me up!

Just wondering how many other people deal with this.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Yep. I usually get woken up at about 6:30. Luckily, that's when I get out of bed anyway, so it's usually not a problem. It is annoying on weekends when I'd like to sleep in. I suppose if he didn't wake me, I'd forget his morning injection.

I play with him in the evenings and feed him right before I go to bed. If I don't do that, he'll wake me up at 4:00 a.m. If he wakes me up early anyway, I ignore him until it's feeding time. I don't want to reward the bad behavior. I find that if I pick him up and snuggle with him in the bed, he'll be quiet for a while longer (mostly because he hates being snuggled in the bed).

·
Registered
694 Posts
My cats are better than a clock alarm. 6:00am right on the dot and if you ignore them they meow louder right into our faces and sometimes nibble on your hand. Can't get mad at them cuz its so darn cute. Wish they had a biological "snooze" feature though.

·
Registered
820 Posts
My cats are up at 4am if I don't feed them right before bed. Otherwise, they are good. We lock them out of our room for now (my boyfriend insists he can't sleep if they are there, though that's a lie! He could sleep through a volcano erupting!) but in the winter they will be allowed in with us and we will see if they start demanding food! Maleke meows like nuts if they don't get fed right before bed, Magic just sits by the dishes and stares at me. 8)

·
Registered
366 Posts
I feed Hobochangba a little dry food in the morning. He's gotten this routine in his head and wakes up around 6:30, then proceeds to begin terrorizing Pfeffa - who has never woken me up for breakfast - and either I ignore him (if Pfeffa is being smart and escapes under the covers with me) or shut him upstairs until I able to wake up...and then he's fed, but not immediately. He has to wait for me to fix a cup of coffee and have a few sips :wink:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Oh does she ever! I do not feel her wrath as much as my husband does. She knows he gets up before me and she also knows exactly what time, and she is there meowing beside his head before the alarm ever goes off. If that doesn't work she starts knocking stuff off of the bedside table. If she is still getting ignored (like maybe on a saturday) then she knows how to turn the alarm on by rubbing her head against the button. (I finally caught her doing it, so that is how I know ). :roll: She really knows how to pester you for some food.

·
Registered
283 Posts
When I was living at home the kitties would wake me up at breakfast time every morning-I actually grew to like it!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only thing that is good about it is the fact that I no longer have to set an alarm clock. I know without a doubt one of the three will wake me up. I can usually con Zoee into laying back down and snuggling for a while. Zack however is relentless and will not stop crying until I get up and feed him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts