Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so my dog wears 3 diff collars so lately we took his tags off and dont know which collar to put them on... we were thinking maybe we could make our own generic tag with everything on it for each collar... but does he have to wear his license or rabies tag or can we just put the # for the rabies tag and the town hes licensed in on the Generic tag. We dont go to the dog park if that helps

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
I'm thinking the dog rabies tag is if he escaped and got picked up by animal control. Id think you'd need the tag for each collar.

·
Premium Member
7,857 Posts
I would think the rabies info would be enough. My vet only issues one tag per animal, the tag # stays the same on all rabies renewal paperwork. I would also include the vet's #. They would have all the pertinent info on hand in the event pooch or kitties got lost. Same with city license. The tag # remains the same, the paperwork is updated annually.

·
Super Moderator
18,394 Posts
Just get a Rubit, then you can transfer his tags from collar to collar easily. It's like a small carabiner clip with a ring for the tags hanging off it. Available on Amazon. They come in different sizes, shapes and colors, even some with bling.

·
Registered
566 Posts
You can get embroidered collars as well. My dogs have more collars and leashes then I have clothes,lol. I like boomarang tags. They sit on the actually collar and are hard to get off. So you can put one on each collar. There pretty cheap. My dogs have the dangle tags but they drive me nuts and I sometimes accidently clip the leash on the tag and not the d-ring. So I will be switching to the Clip on type tags soon.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts