Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VISTA, Calif. -- The case of the cat that attacked a dog in the library is about to go to trial.

Pretrial motions were scheduled for Tuesday in Richard Espinosa's lawsuit against the City of Escondido. Espinosa's assistance dog was scratched in 2000 by a cat known to reside at the Escondido Public Library.

Espinosa, who is representing himself, is suing the city for $1.5 million.

The former North County Times reporter said his dog, which he uses to ward off panic attacks, was entering the library on assignment when the attack occurred.

Espinosa claims he was a victim of disability discrimination because the city interfered with his ability to enter the library.

The city offered to settle the case for $1,500, but Espinosa rejected the offer.

The attack was at least the library cat's third attack on another animal, according to the North County Times.

The cat was removed from the facility after an attack on another dog in 2001

___

what u think about this???

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
He should have taken the $1500, but in this lawsuit happy country, greed prevails. It was the dog that was injured, NOT the owner. The city should pay for any treatment the dog received, and as far as "pain and suffering" compensation, he should not collect a single dime for that because the dog will not get rich, the owner will.

·
Registered
175 Posts
If the animals would stop provoking the cat the cat would stop attacking. This kind of stuff just rubs me the wrong way. Why are people so stupid!

·
Registered
917 Posts
well, since it was an assistance dog, i assume it probably wasn't provoking the cat. however, i do not think the city was impeding his entrance to the library, since last time i checked cities aren't cats. i think the dog's injury should be paid for by the city, and perhaps a small compensation awarded to the man for the trouble, and the cat removed to a less stressful place where it wouldn't be prone to attacks.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I can't stress it enough, pets do not belong in the work place. There are far to many hazards, specially when just like this, other people workers/customers get envovled.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Is there a link? I want to read more...

I think animals would be calming in the workplace, but I'd feel bad for them on holidays and the weekend with no one around. I used to have a beta at work and didn't feel right leaving it on a long weekend.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think that's pretty funny. I would have taken the money and been done with it. As far as animals in the work place goes...I guess it just depends on where you work. I bring my pup Moxy with me to work every day...but I work in a Hair Salon. I think aniamls are very soothing to have around. I guess that's why that dude had an dog to help him when he has panic attacks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts