Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
George Phillips of Meridian, Mississippi, was going up to bed when
his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed,
which she could see from the bedroom window. George opened the back door to go turn off the light but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things. He phoned the police, who asked "Is someone in your house?" and he said "No." Then they said that all patrols were busy, and that he should simply lock his door and an officer would be along when available.

George said, "Okay," hung up, counted to 30, and phoned the police again. "Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people stealing things from my shed. Well, you don't have to worry about them now because I've just shot them." Then he hung up.

Within five minutes three police cars, an Armed Response Unit, and an ambulance showed up at the Phillips' residence and caught the burglars red-handed. One of the Policemen said to George, "I thought you said that you'd shot them!"

George said, "I thought you said there was nobody available!"

Don't mess with old people.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Unfortunately both men were shot in the back. :( As far as I know, no charges have been filed, but George could have some problems. I believe you can use that kind of force only if your life is in danger, not your belongings.

I like the story in the Pittsburgh area of an 18 year old girl who was threatened with a knife by a woman demanding money at an Eat 'n Park. It might not have been wise, but she was able to take the knife away from the girl and hold her for the police. She didn't think about it; she said she just acted. She was brave and very lucky!

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
I didnt think the men were shot at all Jeanie. Thats certainly the impression I got from Maries post. He just said he had shot the thieves in order to get the police around. I didnt think he had actually done so. 8O

·
Super Moderator
26,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't think it was true or I wouldn't have posted it as a joke. 8O

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
Jeanie said:
Unfortunately both men were shot in the back. :( As far as I know, no charges have been filed, but George could have some problems. I believe you can use that kind of force only if your life is in danger, not your belongings.
Jeanie, Ohio recently passed our version of the "Castle Doctrine." The law gives homeowners permission to shoot on sight any intruder that enters the home OR THE VEHICLE of the resident. It gives the resident the legal ability to assume they are in immediate danger to their life and limb. Thus, the resident DOES NOT have to run out of their own house as the flaming liberals would want us to do (all the while exposing our backs to a lethal shot) and we can stand our ground and shoot. We do not have to wait for an intruder to produce a weapon.

I like the story in the Pittsburgh area of an 18 year old girl who was threatened with a knife by a woman demanding money at an Eat 'n Park. It might not have been wise, but she was able to take the knife away from the girl and hold her for the police. She didn't think about it; she said she just acted. She was brave and very lucky!
Jeanie, sometimes a person just knows if they are going to be harmed or not and thus decides to give themselves a fighting chance to live rather than be a passive victim. My mother and I are alive today because I fought back against an armed attacker.

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
I'm glad you made it through such a terrible experience, Don.

I don't know the name of the man who shot the intruders, or where it happened, only that it happened within the last couple of days. I use the TV as a radio when I'm online.

Marie, don't be concerned; it's only a coincidence. I don't know how old the man was, either. I just thought you were talking about the same case.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts