Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gracie loves her interactive toys, her Da Bird and her Cat Catcher (from same manufacturer, the wand toy with the little mousie that looks like a pine-cone with a leather tail and leather ears...)

We usually do a play session with Gracie after her evening snack, but lately we have all been too busy in the evenings, so in desperation a few nights ago, I retrieved a battered old mouse attachment which I hadn't thrown out, and tossed it to Gracie...

She nearly flipped out with happiness!
I had to keep track of her, since she kept batting the mouse too far under the closet doors or the washer/dryer to retrieve, but I could tell it she was deeply happy to have a chance to do whatever she wanted with the attachment without the string or wire attached! She was practically skipping from place to place visiting every one of her favorite spots around the house to try it out...I took it away right before I went to bed, so that it would not be lost forever :roll: but I felt it was really worthwhile to try this variation to the usual wand play... She had the same joyous reaction with a nearly destroyed Da Bird attachment. I think the key to the success was the fact that she recognizes the toys and can savor a new way to play with them...

:) Fran

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Generally speaking when I retire a Da Bird feather attachment I give it to the cats.

Stormy then chews it into itty bitty pieces.

She still likes batting around the red plastic bit at the end even after the feathers are totally destroyed. Darned if I know why. I guess it's an extra-fun red plastic bit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts