Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is actually a Meet My Parents' Kitty post. The family cat we had while I was growing up passed away last summer at 21. (I'd say RIP, but knowing Farrah Rest in Mischief is more likely -- and she'd enjoy it more, too.)

Anyhow, as fall began my mother declared that they needed something warm and furry around the house again and my parents brought Maverick home from the Denver Dumb Friends League.

This has been a nasty winter in Denver and while as I was home over Christmas we had several snowstorms. I helped my parents clear the driveway, and Maverick did his part to help, too -- he made sure the chairs would be warm when we got back in.

This seems to be a favorite sleeping pose of his.

Apparently desks also need to be kept warm if they're to function properly. What would my parents do without Mav to help them out by keeping household surfaces warm? Now he's apparently being EXTRA helpful by putting pens and silverware down on the floor where they belong. Mav is such a helpful kitty!

·
Super Moderator
26,344 Posts
What a great kitty! I love a cat who earns their keep! :lol:

Beautiful markings, too!

But I have to ask - Denver Dumb Friends League??

·
Super Moderator
18,409 Posts
I love the way his little paws curl over :lol: He looks like he's perfected his job!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
marie73 said:
What a great kitty! I love a cat who earns their keep! :lol:

Beautiful markings, too!

But I have to ask - Denver Dumb Friends League??
The Denver Dumb Friends League is a big private animal shelter in the Denver area.

From the DDFL website:
When our organization was founded in 1910, it was named after a London, England, animal shelter called Our Dumb Friends League. In those days, the term "dumb" was often used to refer to those who were unable to speak.

Although the term "dumb" is not generally used with that meaning today, we've kept our name, because it has significant recognition among Colorado residents.

The mission statement of the Dumb Friends League includes these words: “speaking for those who cannot speak for themselves," meaning our companion animal friends.

·
Super Moderator
26,344 Posts
That's a lovely mission statement. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts