Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that Doodles doesn't pay much attention to her kittens. She comes in to feed them and disappears. I had to learn how to stimulate them to go to the toilet after the 3week mark because as soon as they were done suckling, Doodles would disappear.

I haven't seen her 'training' them either. I left it a while but she didn't seem to be doing anything about it so I stepped in again and started teaching them how to hunt and stuff.

They do however seem to be more mature, I started weaning them at 4weeks because mummy wouldn't show up very often and I'd have crying kitties at my feet. They've been litter trained for about 4 days now and they've only just passed the 5 week mark. I know mummy still has milk because she still feeds them now and again.

Was I right to interfere or should I have left them? I can't really win, because I feel bad for interfering but I couldn't stand to see the kittens crying because they were hungry or needing the loo.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yeah, I'm getting her spayed as soon as pay day comes, been trying to keep her in as much as I possibly can until then.

It's just that she was a great mother with the first litter, she did absolutely brilliantly. That's why I've been so confused

1 - 3 of 3 Posts