Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got notice that the HOA is going to paint the front doors over the next 2 weekends and door has to be left open for 3 hours for the paint to dry. I'd rather not lock kitties in a room for 3 hours, although I could do that.

Can anyone recommend a screen or gate we could put across the stairs that go down to the living room / front door that could block a cat? Mine are not really good jumpers, but they can jump to countertop / tabletop level if really really motivated. I'd also need to block part of the railing from stairs that go up to bedrooms too, since they can fit thru the rails of the bannister and could slip thru from the stairs that go up to the stairs that go down via the bannister.

they've never tried to go outside before, but have been showing increasingly more interest when we go out the door. It only takes a second, and we live on a busy street.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I would lock them in a room - three hours isn't that long (and they will probably sleep anyway). Screens and gates are not safe enough - just call me overprotective.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I agree with keeping them locked in a room. Really the only way to be totally safe.
I have found that no matter how good a job I think I have done in partitioning off something, they always seem to prove me wrong.
Give them their beds, blankets, toys, whatever and keep them safe. Thay may grumble at first but will most likely fall asleep and not mind. Three hours is not that long.
I have to isolate fosters for a minimum of ten days when I bring them home- that is a long time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts