Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I get to the main part of the story let me preface it by saying this. To understand my frame of mind you need to know that one of my leopard geckos spent the better part of Saturday dying..it was awful and very emotional for me.

On top of that Doran ran away.

Doran is my bottle baby, I've had him since he was 10 days old...our renter (my BFs dad) wasn't paying attention when he had Doran outside with him. All our cats are indoor cats, but they are allowed to be in our yard, under supervision. The key word here is supervision...Not only did my BFs father not even notice Doran was gone he wouldn't admit he'd even taken him outside until I'd frantically searched the whole house for the third time!

Me and my BF search the house, top to bottom every single possible crevice, 4 times. Then we searched outside around out condo for 2 hours. Finally we gave up for the night. After another hour my BF went to bed and I went to do one more quick search. I saw kitty paw prints out our front door (which we don't use and Doran has never been out of...) so I went outside and searched, and called.

Finally I heard a tiny "Mew?" So I ran towards the noise and called his name again, and Doran comes running to me and practically jumps into my arms. He started purring right away and nuzzling his little head into my face. He was cold, and dirty, but he was very glad to be found.

When I brought him inside his brother was so happy to see him, they were stuck together like velcro for at least 10 minutes, and Muffin gave him a thorough cleaning before I put them to bed.

It was very sweet. I was very grateful to have my boy back, and he's been a very good kitty lately. Making up for being so naughty on Saturday I'm sure.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Aw I love stories with happy endings !!

·
Registered
8,962 Posts
Oh my gosh, I would flip out if either of my guys disappeared outside.

If it was MowMow I'd have to enlist help to look because I'd be in a corner rocking and possibly sucking my thumb and/or keening.......

So glad it was a happy ending.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm glad you found him! :)
I had a cat who went missing for two weeks one time. He was an indoor/outdoor cat (we wanted him to be an indoor cat, but he spent about years of his life trying SO HARD to go outside that we finally let him go outside when he wanted to). Anyway, he went missing one time for about two weeks. We put up signs all around the neighborhood, no one called us, we searched for him everywhere. Then one night in the middle of the night, we were woken up by him crying at our front door. We have no idea where he'd been. Possibly closed in someone's shed or something maybe? We were so glad to have him back!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I"m so sorry to hear of your gecko and on top of that Doran going missing. That must have been a frightful experience.

That is my ultimate nightmare, that someone lets one of my babies out. I would literally go insane. I'm so glad he came back and you found him.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I'm so glad you found him! I can just picture his little face. I can't imagine how I'd feel if one of my girls got out- I'd be inconsolable!

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. The naughty little boy has been much more clingy than normal, and he's done a lot less door dashing.

I was just terrified, I kept thinking about everything that could happen to him...I started crying as soon as I heard his little voice calling me. He sounded so scared, just like when he got scared/lost/into trouble as a tiny kitten. I can't even imagine how I could have slept that night, or how I'd have handled a longer disappearance.

I've already had a chat about paying attention with the offending father-in-law (maybe not technically true, but my and my bf might as well be married...) He's a nice guy and everything...but I'm soooo looking forward to having our home to ourselves when he moves to Panama!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts