Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard that this has become the unofficial national anthemn of Australia. Is this true? I have a friend with dual citizenship. She and her Australian husband have a 14 year old son Riley. She said the song was played at her citizenship ceremony!

·
Registered
273 Posts
the australian national anthem is "advance australia fair".

men at work did get sued a few years ago for that song. they ripped off the flute riff from an australian nursery rhyme. the funny thing is that for a couple of decades nobody noticed until the similarity was pointed out on the show jeapordy.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Messed up. The song-the band- will be rermembered for being GOOD! A great track,a smart,hip band!!!!

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've listened to the flute segments in both Down Under,and Kukaberra. I listened carefully,analytically. Both are examples of talented musicians playing the flute. And they're completely different. Kukaberra's flute is brisk,and light. VERY melodic.
Down Under's flute is rapid,intense ,and hits notes NOT PRESENT in Kukaberra! Check it out for yourself!

-'It's hip to be square' Hughey Lewis! :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
I've listened to the flute segments in both Down Under,and Kukaberra. I listened carefully,analytically. Both are examples of talented musicians playing the flute. And they're completely different. Kukaberra's flute is brisk,and light. VERY melodic.
Down Under's flute is rapid,intense ,and hits notes NOT PRESENT in Kukaberra! Check it out for yourself!

-'It's hip to be square' Hughey Lewis! :)

when i first heard of the lawsuit i did check out both to do a comparison. i also felt that the two did not seem similar enough to merit the lawsuit. sure, there are some similarities between the two but i just couldn't see it being a blatant ripoff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts