Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My kitteh is making a marked improvement in my health.
Sweet Arianwen has been sleeping under the foot of the bed and warming the bed under my lower legs and feet. The effect of sleeping on a warmed mattress has been to improve the slightly impaired circulation in my lower legs and feet. I think she knows that she's helping me, too. She's a therapeutic kitteh. :heart

Has anyone else had improved physical health because of their kitties?
:catrun

·
Super Moderator
26,355 Posts
Cleo helps my insonmia. She has to sleep with her face next to mine and her paws on my hand which is tucked under my chin. Her purring and really just her presence helps me fall asleep.

Finding Cali on top of the fridge did not help my heart tonight. But her cuteness melts it every time.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
That's REALLY neat! What a precious kitty you have!

Mine seem to have the opposite effect on my health compared to yours. Whenever I get up from the couch, I'm very stiff, and my feet are asleep. I'm not sure, but I think it has something to do with one furry fat loving calico named Patches, who sleeps on my legs and feet when I'm watching tv! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Well, our kitty is saving our sanity and our marriage - does that count? :)

Hubby has had a rough year, lost his job, had health problems - and our boy is in the worst stages of teenagehood. I swear if we didn't have a wonderful, demanding, terminally cute kitten to keep us focused on the here-and-now and on joy of unconditional love, our family would be in bad shape now.

We still have plenty of moments - but all Gracie needs to do is pad quietly into the room with her tail in the air and a chirp in her voice, and our priorities focus instantly!

:wolfie Fran

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
My kitties helped me become sleep deprived this winter....wait, that adversely effected my health. :roll:

When the boys were attacking Kitty every night, I would sleep lightly and wake up between 3 and 5 times every night to break up fights. Once I figured out our new sleeping arrangement (Kitty is safe above my head), I suddenly started feeling a lot better and dreaming again. It wasn't until that happened that I realized that I had been sleep deprived.

So...they didn't exactly do anything for my health at that time...but they ALWAYS impact my happiness. :)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Well...getting through every day is immensely stressful to me sometimes...and I can't always remember why I thought it was important to get through the day...but if I carry a picture of my Rotten with me, I look at her and suddenly I realize that nothing is actually very important. No matter what happens at work today, or who annoys me on the road, or who upsets me and hurts my feelers...when I go home my happiness will always be the same. My little Roo will be there, waiting for Mom to walk through the gate...I'll cater to her needs from 4:30 pm to 7:50 a.m. the next day, and I'll live for her and nothing else...and knowing all this, I feel my blood pressure drop and I start smiling again and the jitteryness goes away...

I'd probably explode if she wasn't here for me. That would be unhealthy :)

·
Registered
379 Posts
After a day of crawling in attics, crawl spaces, dealing with snippy customers, irrate contractors, my Duchess meeting me at the kitchen door for kisses and head rubs makes all that disappear. I have a 4x6 picture of her in my van on the sun visor. I look at her photo and smile.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts