Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my cat's three story fall, today I have noticed she is a little stiff, and worse, there is blood in her urine.
She is still eating and drinking and behaving normally in all other aspects....should I take her into the vet anyways?

·
Registered
282 Posts
You should always take a pet to the vet if there is blood in the urine. That is very serious. Best of luck to Hannah.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got back from the vet....she has to stay there for the day so they can keep an eye on her, and get a urine sample, but without squeezing it out of her - they want her to go in the box.
She has to have xrays too, but hopefully she is okay. The vet thinks it's most likely a bruise on her bladder or something, and that she will be fine.......
I was crying like a baby when I found the blood, I thought for sure she was going to die of internal bleeding!!!!!!
But, the vet said the fact that she's been eating and drinking is a good sign.
Phew. I just hope it's all good from here.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Awe, Hana...I can't imagine what a wreck you must have been...I would be too. Try to keep in mind what the vet said, in that she'll probably be perfectly fine, just a little banged up. Also, remember, cats are soo resiliant... their little bodies are made to withstand a whole lot more trauma like that than we are.

Chin up! She'll be back to herself in no time!

katsprat

·
Registered
6,799 Posts
oh at least you were able to get her into the vets so soon!
I wish her a fast recovery, and at least now there is some peice of mind for you knowing exactly what is going on.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Good for you keeping such a close eye on her! Since she is acting normal (other than bruised, which you would expect), the blood is also probably from bruising. Sounds like your vet is on top of it, and she'll be fine.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So the vet called, she has to stay overnight since she has refused to pee so far :roll: kinda funny since she peed like a million times all night!!! I guess she's scared...but on the x-ray her bladder was small, so they figured there wasn't any urine in it, or at least not alot.
Her diaphragm looks fine, apparantly when cats fall from a height, their organs can get pushed up into the diaphragm and cause problems....but that looks all good.
She did dislocate a hip though, but it popped back in, but it looks all sprained, which would explain the yowling that happened when they did a physical check on her...poor little sweetie.
So, I'll get her back tomorrow.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts