Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just want to make a thread for people who have any dreams they like to share with us last night or whatever.

So last night I dreamt about that I had 5 cats. My sister cats Vinnie and Francis, and three strays. Their name's were Oreo, Serex and Lester. Lester and Serex were boys( Lester looked like Misa and Serex was grey and had blue eyes) and Oreo was a small Calico cat, but not a kitten. Oreo was mean to Francis. She was on the top cabinets at my place and Francis wanted to get up there, but she wouldn't let him and started to hissed. Lester was by the fruit on the counter just sleeping. lol My mom came home and said, Take these three dirty cats to the shelter( The strays). I said no!! Lets get them spayed.( Oreo wasn't pregnant.)

So yeah that was the dream.

Anyone else want to share.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I dream fairly vividly and almost always remember them, so I don't even bother talking about my dreams most of the time or I'd have to ramble on and on about them every day. XD

But last night's was particularly odd because I was nauseated in it. I dreamt I ate some hummus (which I normally love) and got very ill and felt like I had to vomit for a while. It's always a little weird when I experience a physical sensation in a dream. This was the first time I've ever experienced nausea. And of course I woke up nauseated. So I wonder if the dream caused the nausea or the nausea caused the dream?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
So I wonder if the dream caused the nausea or the nausea caused the dream?
I bet the nausea caused the dream. I've had dreams where I had been kicked in the knee and it hurt pretty bad. When I wake up, an old skiing injury in my knee was bugging me. I've also had dreams where someone is shooting at me and I wake up to realize there is a very loud thunderstorm going on.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I once dreamt that I was having ear surgery without anaesthetic, and woke up to hear the radio playing Nickelback.

·
Registered
8,973 Posts
Growing up (and into adulthood) I always suffered from night terrors. I'd never remember the nightmares that set them off but I'd wake up drenched in sweat and positive that I was about to die. God forbid anyone touch me when I was like that because I have a MASSIVE fight reflex when I'm in that state.

Anyway it led to my therapist teaching me how to manipulate my dreams way back when I was a teenager. I can recognize I'm dreaming and change the circumstances to make them less scary...unless it's an apocalypse dream. For some reason those I'm unable to change (although I can recognize that I'm dreaming and wake myself up).

I actually had an apocalypse dream during a nap this afternoon. A huge Tsunami was going to hit. The wave was above us and it was just a matter of time before it came down and everyone around me was scrambling to get under cover. I kept telling them they were all stupid because that wave was so big it was going to crush any building they could hide in.

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
I had two weird dreams yesterday, what makes them extra weird is that I normally never remember dreams.

In one, I don't remember why, but puppies were involved. I was petting one... and then I woke up to find that I was petting my cat. Ahahaha, it was a pretty strange moment to realise the soft fur wasn't a little puppy, first because I woke up enough to question why there was a puppy around me at all and second to clue into the fact that the "puppy" was my cat. She was displeased when I stopped.

The other dream involved waking up late for the cat sanctuary... like, an hour and a half late! So then I woke up and made sure it was really 6 in the morning, at not 10:30. Phew!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Oooh, I hate those apocalypse dreams! When I was little I used to have this recurring dream that there was a huge earthquake and this fiery crack opened up in the earth--all my family members fell in one by one, with me screaming and grabbing for them, but I never could save any of them. It was really disturbing. I don't have it anymore now but I still remember it really vividly. And occasionally I'll have one of those dreams where you're dreaming something horrible you can't wake up from, and you can still hear people moving around like you're awake, but are paralyzed and can't scream or move to wake yourself up. Also very weird! I think I'd take the dream about Nickelback (I LOL'ed!) over one of those dreams.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Not to be a bummer or anything, but every night that Kovie has been gone I have dreamed very vividly about finding him. I wake up in the morning with such a heavy heart when I awaken to find it was all a dream. :-/

·
Banned
203 Posts
Growing up (and into adulthood) I always suffered from night terrors. I'd never remember the nightmares that set them off but I'd wake up drenched in sweat and positive that I was about to die. God forbid anyone touch me when I was like that because I have a MASSIVE fight reflex when I'm in that state.

Anyway it led to my therapist teaching me how to manipulate my dreams way back when I was a teenager. I can recognize I'm dreaming and change the circumstances to make them less scary...unless it's an apocalypse dream. For some reason those I'm unable to change (although I can recognize that I'm dreaming and wake myself up).

I actually had an apocalypse dream during a nap this afternoon. A huge Tsunami was going to hit. The wave was above us and it was just a matter of time before it came down and everyone around me was scrambling to get under cover. I kept telling them they were all stupid because that wave was so big it was going to crush any building they could hide in.
My oldest daughter at around age 5 (she's 25 now) had a night terror only once. When it happened she was out of bed running around the room acting so scared with her eyes wide open, yet she would not respond to us. It scared me to death!!! I know they usually occur more than once, but thankfully that is the only one I know of. I didn't know what it was at the time, but I was in nursing school at the time and it was covered in one of my courses very briefly.

·
Banned
203 Posts
For the last 2 years I have been having very long, vivid dreams at least 3 or 4 times a week. They are never pleasant, but some worse than others. Many of them have a story line that could rival most Hollywood movies.

·
Banned
203 Posts
I do have this recurring dream for the past 2 years since I left my hospital nursing job. I dream I go back to work there for strange unknown reasons (all dreams are different) but either I can't figure out what to do, or I'm there and I hate it, or it's changed into a totally different looking place, or any number of anxiety provoking situations. I don't think we need a psychiatrist to figure out what those dreams mean, lol! :)

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I don't often dream of my cats, but when I do they're usually ones that have passed on. I do, tho, remember a very vivid dream when I was breeding cats, and had three females all become pregnant close together. I tried to keep my number of cats at around 8, but with the kittens I ended up with 19. I thought I'd go crazy trying to keep up with feeding, cleaning litter boxes, etc. It was a living nightmare. In the dream, I had even more cats, picture one of those hoarding situations, where there are 100+ cats in a house pooping all over the place and I couldn't keep on top of them or find homes for any of them. Needless to say, after that anxiety-provoking dream, I did sell all the kitties, but I was very careful to stagger breedings after that.

·
Registered
8,973 Posts
When it happened she was out of bed running around the room acting so scared with her eyes wide open, yet she would not respond to us. It scared me to death!!!
I normally remember all of my dreams...except the night terrors. I never remember(ed) what they were about, I just know when I wake/woke up I was always sure I was in absolute mortal danger. The intense feeling of fear is indescribable.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
It's funny this thread came up, because just the other day I was going to post something about dreams! For years I've been having these reoccurring dreams at least once or twice a month, this week, I've already had two of them, and sometimes I can go for months without having them. They always have the same people in them, but different story lines. They are always about my grandparents, sometimes both of them, and sometimes just grandma. I don't really remember if it's ever just grandpa, but it's always just them, and me. They've been gone for years now, but I was extremely close to them, and grew up with them till I moved away around the 4th grade, so it was a very difficult time for me when they passed.

Sometimes I'm trying to protect them from something bad that's about to happen to them, and then wake up right before it happens, right before I'm able to save them. Usually that type of dream is just about grandma. Other times I'm with them in the dream, and it's like time is just fading away to the moment we know they are going to pass away. Sometimes it's both of them, and once in a while just grandma again.

I am always very sad in the dream, and scared, then I always deal with a type of sadness when I first wake up till I really get up to move around. When grandpa passed, he had cancer, and we were fully aware of what was happening. We were able to be with him right up to the end. When grandma passed, it happened so unexpectedly one day, and I got the phone call at work, saying she had passed. That was one of the worst moments of my life! I know that even to this day I miss them so much, and still have deep sadness that they are gone, but why do I have to keep reliving it over and over?

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had a vivid dream too last night. This morning before I went to school and feed the "little children", I dream about there was a food fight at my school. Things were flying everywhere...

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I dream a lot, but most of them aren't very memorable.

Then there's my recurring dreams. I have five and have had them since I was very young. They are vivid...like I can't explain properly just how real these feel, even if I know I'm dreaming...they even effect my mood for the following day. They last all night (even if I wake up, I'll go right back into it where I left off), happen every few months, and are all nightmares (lucky me...).

In one of them, I'm trapped in a very large school. There's tons of other people around, but they don't notice me much. I end up being chased by 'something', but I've never seen who or what it is in all the years I've had this dream. All I know is, if I stop running, I will die. The school is filled with winding staircases, mazes, and every classroom looks the same. It's a very disorienting and lonely dream.

In another, I live with my family in a 'city' built in very tall, very old trees. I spend the first part of the dream watching a storm come in, and the clouds just keep getting blacker and thicker, and you just know something terrible is about to happen. Then come the tornadoes. Dozens and dozens of them drop from the sky in thick black columns, and just sit stationary spinning among the trees. In this dream, I feel everything, wind, rain, the swaying of the tree I'm living in. It's really scary. And I never know if the tornadoes ever kill everyone (I would assume yes, since we're surrounded) because I always wake up once they start moving. As scary as this dream is, it's incredibly impressive...I've thought about drawing the landscape of the trees and the tornadoes spinning among them lots of times (maybe someday I will!).

Anyways, don't wanna bore ya'll with my crazy mind dreams. :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts