Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my sister's cat may have eosinophilic granuloma(haven't done a biopsy yet) and she has a freshflow water fountain that her cat absolutely loves. i heard that you should remove all plastic dishes for this condition...does that mean the fountain has to go? it seems to be made out of hard plastic.

what does the plastic do to cats that makes them break out?

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Plastic is porous, and can never be perfectly cleaned. The cat should probably be switched to a stainless steel or ceramic dish.

I'm guessing the fountain may need to go, but I'm not too sure. Punky had feline acne until I switched her to ceramic dishes.

·
Registered
821 Posts
That really sucks if the fountain has to go. My cats love theirs.......too bad they dont' come in stainless steel. So far my cats are ok with it....hopefully it will stay that way.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
The fountains are made of a pretty hard, slick plastic; I'm thinking it's better than the soft bendy plastic bowls. But if the problem doesn't clear up, then you may have to build your own. It's pretty easy to create a little fountain with stuff from Hobby Lobby or Michaels. Just make it easy to clean is my only advice!

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

1 - 8 of 8 Posts