Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a question about my 8 month old kitten,
she seems to dislike drinking from her water bowl and instead drinks from cups, bowls (But not her water bowl) sinks, baths, and even from the shower! :?

Any suggestions?

Thankyou

·
Registered
23 Posts
is her water bowl plastic. I have had, and have a friend that does have a cat that doesnt like to drink out of plastic bowls. We arent sure why, maybe it makes the water taste funny... just a thought..

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
My cats also enjoy drinking from the showers and sinks. They act like they've never drank water before, even though they have a PetMate water fountain cleaned daily, and they all love that. So it's just a funny quirk that they'll still drink from all the other places.

Most cats really like fresh water, if it's running even better. Is her water bowl cleaned and the water changed often? Kermitt's right, if it's plastic the cat may not like it because it will retain smells.

·
Registered
328 Posts
If you're worried that she's not getting enough to drink, you could see if she takes to a water bottle for rabbits (get one in the largest size). She might prefer that, as it's more similar to a tap, and it has the added advantage of being impossible to spill.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thankyou for your help, i will try everything that u have suggested because it has been really hot here and i am very worried that she isnt drinking enough :(

thankyou again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts