Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it's possible to get municipal drinking water tested by the EPA, free of charge?
Guntersville tap water frequently has a really foul taste, and caused me to have diarrhea one time.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Funny you should post that. Just yesterday I was in Walgreens and was just browsing around and saw a product that said it would test your drinking water for "bad" stuff. Don't know how viable a product it is but found it interesting that something like that was even for sale!

·
Banned
12,199 Posts
I thought all municipal water systems were required to be tested annually. My town sends out the report to all the residents. I got it with the last water bill. In there it says "....routinely monitor for contaminants according to State and Federal laws." So you'd at least be under the same Federal laws, but I don't know if they require making the results public.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
coaster said:
I thought all municipal water systems were required to be tested annually. My town sends out the report to all the residents. I got it with the last water bill. In there it says "....routinely monitor for contaminants according to State and Federal laws." So you'd at least be under the same Federal laws, but I don't know if they require making the results public.
That would make sense. I have a well myself and have to do my own testing.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In some small towns jobs can be had through political favoritism, and responsibilities of the job overlooked and/or false reports generated until the people involved get caught.

·
Banned
12,199 Posts
gunterkat said:
In some small towns jobs can be had through political favoritism, and responsibilities of the job overlooked and/or false reports generated until the people involved get caught.
Ummmmmm......I suppose you've heard of FEMA?

Goes all the way, right to the top, if you ask me. :?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts