Cat Forum banner

Does your cat lik the drinkwell fountain?

• Yep, sure does!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sage is always looking for water, she has a bowl of water next to her food but it's never touched! She is always sticking her head under the faucet and drinking from the toilet or shower. Should we try a drinkwell fountain? I think she doesn't like the stagnant water. Maybe she just doesn't like the NC water, (she was born and raised up until now in NH). I don't know but I am afraid she'll get dehydrated! Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I have 5 cats and they all love the drinkwell. I do use filtered water (Britta) in it. I never give my cats tap water. The one time someone gave one of mine regular water--puke, diarrhea--ugly! I recommend only spring or filtered water for cats. Heck, *I* won't drink city water, why should they?

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I just bought a fountain for Sabby. Not the drinkwell one...I can't remember the name of the brand I bought. He's had at least one drink from it, which is one more than from his other water dish. I'd call it a success. The water in this area is really bad. There's a charcoal filter in the one I bought that seems to improve the taste. According to Sabby anyway.

·
Registered
611 Posts
My cats like it but rarely drink from it. I got it around the same time I switched to wet food. One of my cats plays with it from time to time. The other one took a few sips this morning, mostly out of curiosity.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Samhain is like Sage - she insists on drinking from the faucet. So, the only time she would drink was when we were in the bathroom, which means she wasn't getting very much water. The water in her dish was used to moisten her food before she ate it, so it always had all this mushy, gross stuff in it.

We got the fountain and she will now drink from it, too! She still insists on drinking from the faucet if someone's in the bathroom tho, but now she is getting much more water - she really seems to like it. I use the filter even though our water in Memphis is pretty good but I have to rinse the fountain out every other day or so, or she won't use it. Psi just doesn't care and he drinks from the "pool."

ANYway, in the end, I'm very glad that we purchased the fountain.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Velvet loves her fountain. I used filtered water in it, better for her and I think also better for the fountain.
Velvet used to never drink from her bowl. She would only drink running water from the faucet. She has completely quit doing that since she has the fountain. Best purchase ever! 8)

·
Registered
84 Posts
We picked one up after we visited my hubby's brother and they had one. Our kitten, Ming, loved it. She drinks from the spout but the other two drink from the basin. They go through a lot more water than before. Plus we had to buy another one for our lake house. We take Ming with us and she refused to drink out of the bowl. She waited until my hubby was brushing his teeth and jumped up on the counter and drank out of the spout. She had never done such a thing before. Just be prepared, once they have something like that, they'll never go back to drinking out of a regular bowl again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts