Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I would mention this, in case anyone else has a similar situation.

I've been trying to get Kitty to eat a different dry food, but I can't find any she likes. I've been mixing the new food in with the old food. And then I leave it out, and add more periodically and once a week, dump out all the food and start fresh.

Well I noticed the other day, that she licks it all! Yuck. She'll lick up a piece of food and if she doesn't want it, spits it back into the dish and gets another.

Since bacteria grows on damp dry food...yuck, I can't believe I've been leaving that in her dish. Either way, I just thought it was something others should be on the lookout for.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
You can try cutting way down on how much you put in the bowl
and then wash the bowl everyday, thorw out any uneaten food.
I know it is so hard to waste! I hate to waste!
1 thing that made a big difference with my cat....
I now use a clay or porcelain bowl rather than the plastic pet dishes.
He really enjoys eating more...I think the plastic dishes hold too much odors. Good Luck...

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Oh Thank You so much! Rocky is an 11 month old puppy,
my very first Boxer and I would tell anyone ever thinking of getting a dog to get a Boxer...his childlike personality is heartwarming!
I truly love him!

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Really? That's good to hear. We are hoping to be in a bigger house with a yard by next summer, and the first thing we want is a big dog :D We both like the way boxers look, but I have only known 1 in real life (he was a sweetie) *hugs* to Rocky

·
Registered
30 Posts
Try not leaving the food out all day. I find my cat adjusts to different food better if she is more hungry. Only leave the food out up to an hour each meal and take away if the cat is not eating it.

Best of Luck

Shirley

1 - 6 of 6 Posts