Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently feeding Luna, my 3 month old kitten, dry kitten food. Before I was feeding her Iams and deicded to switch over to a different brand my Vet recommended and boy does her coat, health and her body structure look better.

The ingredients are (it's quite long so I'll just write down some):

Chicken Meal, Rice Flour, Corn, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols, Rosemary Extract, Citric Acid and Lecithin), Dried Whole Egg, Corn Gluten, Tuna Meal, Brewers Yeast, Beet Pulp, Flax Meal, Minerals (Potassium Chloride, Phosphoric Acid, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Bioplex, Ferrous Sulfate, Iron Bioplex, Manganous Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Copper Bioplex, Calcium Iodate and Organic Selenium), DL-Methionine, Fructo-Oligosaccharides, Vitamins (Choline Chloride, Vitamin E, Inositol, and more!!!

It also contains these Special Ingredients:

Protein: High quality, easily digestible:
Chicken, Egg, Fish

Fat: Optimal levels of Omega 6:3 fatty acids in a balanced ratio:
Flax,Docosahexaenoic Acid, Chicken

Carbohydrates: Highly digestible:
Rice, Corn

Fibre: Low levels, reduced stool volume
Optimal soluble:insoluble fibre ratio:
Beet Pulp

and more!

Just thought I would share with you how the ingredients in your pets food plays a vital role to help you manage your pet's nutritional and health needs.

·
Registered
676 Posts
sure, it's better then most grocery store foods :D

But there are many other foods out there, just like this one. Having the chicken MEAL right up front is the one making the big difference.

I'm glad it's working for your cat. I just hope your not paying extra for a brand name when you could get the same somewhere else for less $.

And who told you corn is highly digestable? There is little a cat can use from corn.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ha ha! There's not much in corn that even a HUMAN can digest! It's mostly fiber, as are all grains.

I wonder, though, thundercats, what is the brand you are feeding now?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts