Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

No such thing as a "dumb" animal. Midnight, the wild cat, has, from time to time taken a nap on the utility trailer parked at the edge of the woods. This weekend, my oldest son came down and picked it up, along with an ATV, to bring back to Dakota (part of my downsizing - since I don't use either anymore). So, the day after, Midnight is patrolling around the area and notices something is missing. I watch him looking around where the trailer used to be parked. No big deal - he has previously discovered the front of the house and it's covered porch. Even better! :p

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
The front porch looks good to me! Who can argue with being up off the ground and having a covering.

Have you ever tried to take Midnight into the house?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He has "escaped" into the house a couple of times, just to look around, but he likes his freedom. He doesn't even prefer the garage to his outside house in the Winter. He likes to run with the foxes at night. I just give him his space. :p There is nothing around us out here, so he is not a neighborhood pest.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
I don't see how they could be classified as 'dumb animals' seeing as how they
manage to get their humans to wait on them hand and foot and see to their
every need! :p

Love the picture of Midnight curled up on your front porch. Lucky
cat because he has you to look after him.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah, cats have us all figured out! The also have highly honed survival instincts to help them survive in the wild if need be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts