Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He is at the vet now.... He has a high temp, rapid breathing/panting and rapid heart rate...

I hadn't heard much from him so went to check on him and he was laying by the tiled fireplace (nice and cold) and I noticed him panting. I tried to pick him up to take a look (which he didn't like) and noticed his pads of his paws were really hot.

He is an indoor cat and hasn't eaten any plant (has none) and nothing has been chewed as far as I can see....

Right now he is at vet on a cool drip and if that makes no difference he'll be staying overnight and having more tests...

Whats wrong with my baby :(

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Oh noo.... I hope he gets better soon! I was beyond myself of worry when Sam threw up three times the other day. But he seem to be ok today. So I can just imagine how bad you feel now when you have to take your baby to the vet.

BE BETTER SOON DYLAN!! We depend on you!!

*nose rubs from Sam and Suzy*

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi there just a quick update

Dylan is back home now, licking his bald patches were they took blood etc. He doesn't seem to have any illness from the tests they have done and I think I may have found a possible cause - dead wasp on window ledge...

I have to take him back tomorrow for a check up. It's cost me loads :( and pet insurance people say if it is an illness they can't help with costs as I took policy out 26 or 27 days ago and they don't cover illness, only injury etc for first 28 days :evil: stupid people

Gonna put claim thing in anyway and see what happens

Vet admits he hasn't a clue why he suddenly got like this

Thanks for all your support guys *hugs* I just hope this is the last of it!

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Did he have a high temperature?

Either way, I'm hoping for the best. Ya never know with kittens, he could be running around like a crazy idiot tomorrow..

best of luck,

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
I would think that a wasp sting could be considered and injury.
It's not like it was a cold, it was an accident....Hmm, that's a sticky one.
Glad that he's home though and Rob's right, he'll probably BE running around like an idiot soon enough!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll let you all know when he is :p

He has a big shaved bit out of his lovely chest and two patches of fur gone from his front paws :( Poor thing

He gets neutered on the 30th... he is not going to be talking to be before long :p

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Last night he was very quiet, took him for his check up this morning and the temp was back down and his breathing and heart rate were normal.

We had him in the bedroom with us last night (paranoid Mummy) and he slept lots, but I think that was just because he had a long stressful day.

He totally turned his nose up at this pate Science diet stuff I was told to give him this morning which made me giggle.

Still dunno what happened though :(

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
It's so frustrating to NOT KNOW what the cause is. Then you feel uneasy about it. There's a good chance that he just got sick somehow, like we all do from time to time, but it's so hard to not make yourself sick wondering if there is something else going on. I understand what you must be feeling and it's so unsettling. Just keep an eye on him. He'll let you know if something else is wrong! Trust your instincts! :wink:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts