Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have this?
Im looking for a new hoover. At the moment I have a cylinder dyson DC05. Im looking to get a dyson dc14 animal. There is always hair left in the carpet, its driving me insane now.

Does anyone have one of these, how good are they?
Im gonna get the stand up one, not cylinder. Ive seen a lot on ebay with replaced motors, is this a problem with them?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I don't have a Dyson or know anyone who does. Hoover is claiming that their machine actually cleans better than a Dyson, though. If that's true, the prices on a Hoover are far more reasonable.

As an aside, do you call all vacuum cleaners "Hoovers" where you're from. Here, it's a brand name (Hoover is headquartered in Canton, OH, or was until just recently). The people here call vacuum cleaners "sweepers." I had never heard the term "sweeper" before I moved to Ohio and I had no idea what people were talking about.

G

·
0 Posts
I have the Dyson animal and I love it! I've never had a problem with the motor...you may just be seeing some reconditioned ones.

It has been my experience that Hoover does not outperform Dyson.

I say get the Dyson...you'll be glad you did.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some people call them vacuums, some hoovers. I call them hoovers 8)
Hoover is also a brand here tho.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I don't have one myself since we're replacing all the carpet with laminant flooring. But I know at least 100 people with the Dyson Animal that SWEAR by it. Most of which had longhaired cats in multiple numbers.

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
I really want to get the Dyson Animal vacuum. It's about $500 but we already have a vacuum and my bf says he will get it for me when we move to a house. I said I will vacuum almost everyday (yea right) and he said "OK!" 8)

·
Registered
998 Posts
REMEMBER, YOU ASKED FOR MY TWO CENTS! :wink:

First off, all those high priced "HOME OWNER" vacuums are crap! You might have paid a pretty price for it but I can tell you that it will NEVER out perform a commercial unit. Not only that, but for the price you paid for that fancy looking pig you could have purchased a commercial unit. I know this because for YEARS I ran a janitorial company and as such had all the equipment pertaining to the business.

If you really want an excellent quality vacuum that will hold up for YEARS of service, then forget about your local store and instead look at the janitorial supply centers in your area.

There's my two cents on the subject! :wink:

Ciao!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Excellent post, Clint! I'm looking to replace my Eureka (the thing keeps falling apart!). I'd love to get an Oreck, but I won't be able to afford that for years. I think I'll start looking at the janitorial supply place. I wouldn't have even thought of it!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I have the allergy model because both me and my boyfriend are asthmatic. He suffers from dust/hair more than me tho. It's a great thing... when I use it :lol:

I have never had any problems picking up animal hair with it - so I would imagine the animal one would be stupendously magnificent! ;)

·
Registered
998 Posts
Annissa said:
Excellent post, Clint! I'm looking to replace my Eureka (the thing keeps falling apart!). I'd love to get an Oreck, but I won't be able to afford that for years. I think I'll start looking at the janitorial supply place. I wouldn't have even thought of it!
And this is exactly why most people are disapointed with what they purchased. They EXPECT it to hold up but the fact is, they are not built to take the abuse of a large family. If you want quality, then shop where the pro's do and you won't be disapointed.

My good deed for the day is done! :wink:

Ciao!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Truthfully, I didn't expect the Eureka to hold up. It was one of the very last things I ever bought at Wal-Mart. Basically, I was broke and I needed a vacuum so I bought the very cheapest model I could find. I had it for four years and used it very gently. Then, while I was vacuuming one day about a year ago, the handle separated from the base and just came off in my hand, spraying me with whatever the vacuum was sucking out of the carpet. I was able to stick the handle back on the base, attach it with a long screw that came from I don't know where but seemed to fit, and put a piece of scotch tape over it to keep it from falling back out. Now that I'm less broke I want to buy something that will last.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cool I will look at the industrial hoovers.
Its just driving me insane, the hair in the carpet no matter how much we hoover its always there.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Well if anyone wants one here is what I have found,
Brand: Dyson

Type: Upright

Classification: Bagless/Cyclonic

Available: Yes

Motor Size: 12 amp

Cord Length: 37 feet

Cleaning Width: 13 inches

Tools On Board: Yes

Light: No

Weight: 19.2 lbs.

Bare Floor Selector: Yes

Filtration: Lifetime HEPA Filtration

Suggested Retail: $499.99

Price: $349.99

Shipping Cost: FREE!

Warranty: 6 month Dyson warranty, 1 year ABC warranty

Allergy Rating (out of 5 stars): 4 stars

that's threw http://www.abcvacuumwarehouse.com/default.asp

·
Premium Member
9,137 Posts
I swear by my Miele vasuum cleaner esp for getting
animal hair up. Plus it is easy to use and light weight.
Im a compulsive cleaner.Just my 2 cents!! :?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts