Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I'm having a brain dead moment but is there any way to make eating easier for my poor lamp shade kitty. Every attempt at eating so far has resulted in a) food splattered kitchen b) very messy e-collar as it gets used as a shovel c) cat with more food around neck than in mouth d) food bowl being chased all over the floor or e) all of the above :)
I have resolved it so far by helping him eat. I bought a little odd shaped plate which I can get the corner off into his collar and then he can eat and I spoon feed him the last bits. I know taking the collar off would be the perfect answer but I don't think I'd get it back on. I don't mind helping him eat but I get the feeling he finds it a bit undignified

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Yeah, that's what I have heard. To feed an animal with the collar on either raise the food dish to a higher level or remove the collar while eating and put it back on as soon as they were done.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have solved the problem, kinda. I tuck a napkin into his collar (very posh eater now) and hold the plate for him. Tried putting his dish on a box but even though it's a heavy dish he shoved it over. Good job I'm on holiday and here to feed him.

·
Registered
151 Posts
oohh... so sorry :( how long does he have to wear it? Maybe you can put the food up higher, so he doesn't scrape the collar on the floor? Or just feed by hand. :) good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts