Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright yall, my kitty has terrible allergies and she scratched her ear almost a year ago so hard that it tore her ear. She's been getting allergy shots twice a year since 2020. But for some reason last year was just awful for her. Anyway, her ear would not heal. It kept scabing over and over. We go to the vet, he recommends a cream so we tried it and got nothing. We did neorsporen, and got nothing. Finally the vet said let's just cut the part that is hurt. So we did that, she was on antibiotics after to prevent infection. We also did neosporen after the antibiotics ran out, and we are back at square one. It is still scabing over. The scab is VERY hard. I was petting her one evening and the scab hit my wedding ring and made a "ting" noise. The vet wants to cut her whole ear off now and I'm just so upset. ALSO, she does not seem to be bothered by it at all. I tried to get a picture but didn't want to disturb the princess while sleeping. Of course I added a couple other photos just because she is so beautiful.

Cat Carnivore Grey Felidae Whiskers
Cat Carnivore Felidae Small to medium-sized cats Ear
Head Rodent Whiskers Fawn Snout

Head Cat Eye Felidae Carnivore
Toy Carnivore Fawn Terrestrial animal Felidae

·
Registered
50 Posts
And she IS beautiful. What's her name? And welcome to the forum. That doesn't look good, and surprised it doesn't bother her. Had a cat years ago that had polyps deep in her one ear. She did react to it, scratching most of the time and she cut herself sometimes too.. Started with treating it with meds, then surgery to remove them, but they grew back, at that point ear removal was suggested during follow-ups. We controlled it, but did not remove the ear. (looking back on it now, I think maybe we should have). During this time we had 3 vets look at this and all had a slightly different opinions on it. So I don't know if you did or even can or want to, but perhaps another vet can take a look at it and evaluate your options?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts