Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recieved the Revolution via mail. Read the instructions.
Now comes the hard part.
The instructions say"apply topically".
I bough this stuff specifically because it supoda treat earmites.
The last time we went to the Vet, he put Frontline into the cats ears and said, "That will take care of the Mites". (Wrong)
Now the question: Does topical application mean on the back of the neck OR into the ear for earmite teatment.?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I use Revolution and put it on the back of Sabby's neck just like my vet showed me. It didn't occur to me to put it in his ears.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
DO NOT put this into the cat's ears!! It is meant to be put on the back of the cat's neck. There are pictures in your instructions that show you what to do. I hadn't heard of a vet putting Frontline into a cat's ears, but I'm not familiar with that product.

Mozart had ear mites when he was young. Revolution took care of it, so I can recommend this product. It kills a whole bunch of other common parasites too, and I like that. We've been using it for 2 years now, and no weird effects yet *keeping fingers crossed*.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why?

I'm just curios about why you would put the treatment in the ears when the whole selling point is that the medication travels in the system and kills the mites?

I've always washed Lennon's ears out with soapy water and then put the medication between the shoulders like it tells me. I haven't had problems after doing that to start.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts