Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our church is having breakfast. I don't think we're having an early service. No one's awake.

Easter dinner is at my dad's.

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
Let's see...
Maundy Thursday(commemoration of the Last Supper) service from 7pm-9:15 on Thursday. I THINK there is a dinner first but I can't do both. The cats would have to skip a meal and we can't have that.

Good Friday service from 8-9 on Friday night

Sunday morning breakfast (we do this every Sunday but they are talking about going all out for Easter Sunday) @ 10 and service @ 10:30-11:15.

Sunday Easter Dinner at my Pastor's house later in the day. Usually around 5:30/6:00 ish. I'm making the kalács (braided bread ring) and Csöröge (Angel Wing Cookies) as well as some sort of side dish. Probably creamed Zucchini (because I've been craving it for ages).

·
Registered
16 Posts
We're having a going away party for me and my husband at my grandma's house, we're about to move across the country, and then we're probably going to go over to some friends house to eat dinner with their family. At the going away party we will be having a barbeque pork shoulder and a pinata, I've never had one and we thought it would be fun for my 65 year old Grandma who's never had one either. At the dinner I'm bringing my bacon cheeseburger potato salad and watergate salad.

·
Super Moderator
18,399 Posts
Spending the day with my surrogate family...my parents best friends and their family...they're like aunt/uncle/cousins...we've known each other for over 40 years.

·
Premium Member
8,627 Posts
Saturday-Hiding! Sunday-Working...

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Haven't seen my sisters in about 1 YEAR..miss them. So trying to finish fixing up my apt so they can see the progress. They are coming over saturday :)....to play with my cats :). And have some wine. We are all crazy cat sisters. Can't wait to see how my cats deal with it...gizmo will love it...not sure about marshall
I think he will be good

Working Sunday :( boo!

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
Friday - Hopefully nothing. Maybe something for a friend's birthday.
Saturday - Working and seeing my mom. Pretty standard.
Sunday - Dunno. Dinner I guess, probably at an Irish pub. It's also my grandfather's 92 birthday. He likes to tell people it's Hilter's birthday... which, I really have no idea why, he was fighting on the winning side of the war. Not someone you want to associate with... :p Oh and the whole family, including my grandfather, will likely sit around and watch Game of Thrones.
Monday - Work.

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
I was going home to the ranch and having a friend watch the girls for the 3 day weekend. But the friend isn't comfortable with giving a pill and Penny just started blood pressure pills this week and isn't a good pill taker. Not sure how this will play out.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was going home to the ranch and having a friend watch the girls for the 3 day weekend. But the friend isn't comfortable with giving a pill and Penny just started blood pressure pills this week and isn't a good pill taker. Not sure how this will play out.
Your folks have a RANCH? Nice! Do you get to go there a lot?

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
Monday - Work.
What am I saying... Monday is my normal day off.

I had dinner for my friend's birthday last night instead, so I do get to do nothing today. :D I currently have Tara snoring on me.

The plan is now dinner at the pub tomorrow, so my mom can come too, and Easter dinner on my grandfather's birthday.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had a good day! Breakfast at the church, then at the service, children's time was really jumpin'! All that candy...

I'm at my Dad's now, I found out my youngest stepsister's getting married and moving to the Pittsburgh area.

·
Banned
422 Posts
I found out that I am related to the Associate Producer of the film The Ten Commandments, Henry Wilcoxon. He is also in the movie. Very prolific film career as it turns out, he even has a start on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does anyone do the egg-hunt thing?

Easter was tough on my dad for a few years. He's mildly diabetic, and can't live without chocolate. FORTUNATELY they have some really tasty sugar-free chocolate products out there!

btw, Passover and Easter are celebrated within the same 2 weeks, and The 10 Commandments is broadcast at the same time Easter specials air. Many folks of different faiths watch Charleton on the Saturday before Easter!

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
Our church did an Easter Egg hunt for the kiddies on Sunday morning.

Sara - I'm without family here as well (for the past 8 years). It used to bum me out but now I find my church 'family' gatherings fun and sometimes even better (no family drama to deal with). This year was a little big sad. THey had a BIG Easter dinner at my Sis in Law's with family from Utah, NH, PA, and Florida. It would have been great to visit with everyone but my brother called just before they all sat down to dinner so I got to at least say hi to everyone and 'be there' for the family prayer.

Here's what I made for Easter dinner at my pastor's house:

Easter Bread (it looks weirdly undercooked in the picture...)
1234669_10202403055131806_1814128495597438277_n

Csörögefánk
10151851_10202404322403487_514423999244965070_n

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
Haha, the eggs in the center were SUPPOSED to be real eggs dyed a deep rich red (The egg to represent eternal life, the red to represent the blood of christ) but I completely fail at coloring eggs (I couldn't get the eggs a complete uniform color in the shade I wanted) and 3 dozen eggs later I gave up and bought plastic ones.

It worked out better because I filled them with jelly beans and people went bonkers for them.

The boys didn't do much. In fact I dont think MowMOw left the bed all day except to eat and use the box. I never make the bed on Sundays so he takes advantage of that to sleep on my sides up against my pillow... Book spent the day doing Bookish things.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts