Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cat, Pepper, that loves to eat plastic. She is obsessed with it! Like sandwich bags and such. I have to watch her so closely. I'll often find a bag that's been chewed all over. Like a intestine full of plastic is gonna do her good... geeeesh. :roll: Anyone else have a cat that does this? Maybe lots of cats do it?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
You shouldnt let her eat plastic, i know sometimes they get into things without us seeing, but keep plastic bags out of her way. Plastic cannot be digested by the body i beleive, if she ate a big enough piece it could tangle up in the belly/intestine causing strangulation of the gut. Not to mention i would have thought its not to nice when it comes out the other end..... Id expect it could cause problems there too.

Just be careful with the bags! :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
I constantly have to watch my menagerie, because they will often get into string, however I have never seen any of them eating plastic bags.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Moby tries to eat those sticky lint roller things. I have to throw them in the garbage right away or he chews on them. :shock:

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
Wayne said:
I constantly have to watch my menagerie, because they will often get into string, however I have never seen any of them eating plastic bags.
Same with my Sugar she loves ribbon and string and it always comes out one way or another! :lol:

As for the bags, my cats just like lying on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts