Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if I posted in the correct forum, here goes...

How do I get Mandy to accept being fed only 4 times a day? :eek:nekitty I want to feed her at 6am, Noon, 6pm, 11pm. But she gets hungry in between these times. Oh and she's on a diet, 206 k/cals per day, I can't feed her all day, and it gets tiring. She eats wet food and some raw.

When she's hungry she stands over where her food bowl should be and makes the most heartbreaking cries... I try to distract her by playing with her but she won't have any of that.

How do I get some control here?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Try mixing a bit of water in with the canned food to try make her feel more full.

If she gets to bad, leave the room. If you still can't those pleading kitty eyes and meows, try leave the house for a while, and come back when it is really her meal time:) She needs to realize that you aren't going to give her food except for at the meal times, so it isn't worth complaining about the issue.

Or try starting out with more than four meals a day, and slowly move towards the goal, of four meals a day.

·
Super Moderator
26,808 Posts
I feel your pain. Gigi wants to eat all the time. All the time. I've started putting a lot of water in with her wet food. It's helped because she feels fuller when she eats.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried adding more water and I got disappointed because she didn't eat it all. So I just left it there and she came back and ate the rest yay! Thanks a lot furry and marie!

·
Super Moderator
26,808 Posts
Yays!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts