Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed the word "balls" and the name of Jesus from Luftballoons post in the Mating thread in the breeding forum, and wrote to her and explained that we have to make sure the forum is family friendly. I hope she doesn't take offense.

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's ok. She replied:

To: Jeanie
Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 5:36 pm
Subject: Re: edit
That's fine, I wasn't aware that this forum was a little stricter/more sensitive with language but now that I am I'll avoid it in the future. No offense was intended; I go to many forums (am a mod on one) and that language would be appropriate there in that context, so I used it here.

-Lauren

·
Registered
453 Posts
That thread is really a no-win situation. Our main concern is for pets, but the feral population is our concern too. Problems with dealing with the situation can't really be handled simply by individual effort. Not even the best way to deal with it can be decided by an individual. The problem needs to be solved by society itself, which will involve legislation, with a lot of input and influence from the ones that insist that it be done humanely.

·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You''re right, Empath. The problem here was that the organizations were not close enough, and I don't think the family gave the problem any effort, other than shooting the toms. Evidently, that's not usually a problem given much thought on farms. There were pages and pages of organizations in Google. In her latest post, Luftballoons has contacted an organization. I hope this is the beginning of some progress. Spay/neuter/release organizations are growing, thank God.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts