Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Maybe im just really really blind but I dont see anywhere for me to be able to edit any of my posts......

I can see it as soon as i post but Im unable to fix old posts or those that were replied to.

·
Super Moderator
18,394 Posts
Editing is allowed for the first 5 minutes after a post is made. There is no editing after that.

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
I'm known for editing my posts without fail - sometimes days later! Most of the time I end up making mistakes, I always have terrible typos and they always get overlooked by spell check and by my initial read-over. Also I like to add extra information later and I hate double posting.

I'm pretty new, so I was wondering if there was a reason for the time limit? I'm curious if there was a history of people editing their post and claiming they never said something inappropriate, things like that?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I'm known for editing my posts without fail - sometimes days later! Most of the time I end up making mistakes, I always have terrible typos and they always get overlooked by spell check and by my initial read-over. Also I like to add extra information later and I hate double posting.

I'm pretty new, so I was wondering if there was a reason for the time limit? I'm curious if there was a history of people editing their post and claiming they never said something inappropriate, things like that?
Yeah, I'm like that too. I obsessively go back and fix old posts to fix grammar, typos, make things more clear, add additional thoughts, etc.

I can understand the reason for the restriction though. I used to moderate a forum and we had similar rules/restriction about editing because some members would write inflamitory things in the heat of the moment and then go back and edit their post to pretend it'd never happened.

·
Super Moderator
18,394 Posts
That's one reason.

I'm known for editing my posts without fail - sometimes days later!.....Also I like to add extra information later and I hate double posting.
This is another reason...messes with the continuity of a thread. Someone may have responded to something you said, then you go and change it. Our threads (particularly Health & Nutrition and Behavior) are often used by members for research. Changing posts after the fact can end up creating a lot of confusion.

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
This is another reason...messes with the continuity of a thread. Someone may have responded to something you said, then you go and change it. Our threads (particularly Health & Nutrition and Behavior) are often used by members for research. Changing posts after the fact can end up creating a lot of confusion.
Ah, I see! Thanks. I'll just have to try my best to add everything in my post as soon as I post it. And try to minimize those typos! Probably an impossible feat for me, haha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts