Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
i am going to put in some egg in my cat diet for them, but I always read that only offer egg yolks. And I also read that offer whole egg(egg white and yolks) once a week is okay. How about others eggs? quail, duck, ostrich, etc.
I wondering can I feed duck egg, quail egg(whole)?

I planning to offer quail egg twice a week.(Since it is so small) Alternate with chicken egg or duck egg, If I can get ostrich egg, I think i will give them too. :lol:

Lastly I also read that there is no salmonella in quail eggs, because quail body temperature is too high for salmonella to survive. Are this true?

* I get 15 quail eggs for $0.80.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Why would you want to feed your cats eggs? I know some canned cat foods have eggs in them, but personally I would not feed my cats raw eggs in fear of salmonella.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I feed raw egg yolks but cook the egg whites. They love it!

I do not worry that much about salmonella. Sure, there is the possiblity of that egg that i feed being infected by it. However there is just as much possiblity that i will get in a wreck and die...that doesn't stop me from driving. Right now I however feel that i am a risk of carrying salmonella and giving it to my cats b/c the calves that i feed for the dairy farm i work at might have salmonella though we don't know until the tests are complete.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts