Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My one year old is clawing at the garbage for the eggs shells Is it safe to give him raw eggs and also the shells?

·
Registered
90 Posts
My one year old is clawing at the garbage for the eggs shells Is it safe to give him raw eggs and also the shells?
Are you giving him enough bone? Raw egg is okay once in a while. I personally don't feed it as even my feral cat does not like them. I probably would not give egg shells if you are giving enough bone. If you do decide to give egg shells, dry them out and grind them up. It's usually a pinch per meal to replace bone. It's just calcium and minerals.

Found this:
I see no problems with feeding your cat raw egg yolks from time to time. But try to avoid raw egg whites, as these contain a protein called avidin that can bind to certain B vitamins and prevent their absorption.³
Here's the website it came from:
Answers: Feed My Cat a Raw Egg Yolk?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I give them to my dog every once in a while (just the shells after I use the egg myself, I gave him a whole egg once and he got the runs, he's a small dog so maybe too much as once) and he eats them just fine. Looks sharp to me but so far so good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts