Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our new kitten, Tirzah, has developed a taste for chewing on electrical cords. I think I solved this problem with one of our other cats when he was a kitten by coating the cords with a hot pepper solution. I thought I would try this again unless someone has a better suggestion. Any other suggestions???

·
Registered
265 Posts
Bitter Apple makes a spray and cream that are supposed to deter the animal from chewing or licking things. Although I know someone who have a cat who likes the stuff! :shock:

Or you can try a citrus spray. Most cats hate the smell of anything citric.

But if the hot sauce will work then stick with it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try some citrus furniture polish tonight and see how it works.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'll try some citrus furniture polish tonight and see how it works.
I hope she doesn't like the taste of that! :shock:

Perhaps lemon juice would be better.
LOL Jeanie, you'll never believe it but one of my cats like lemons! She doesn't actually eat it but likes to lick the juice. Your comment just made me think of it. **insert puckered smiley face guy here**

·
Registered
179 Posts
heehee, we don't have to worry about that problem! When ever the cats claw the furniture or chew on something they aren't supposed to, Tia, our yorkie, barks until they stop, then chases them away from the scene of the crime! :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts