Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think she quit before she was fired. She said it was hard for her to judge and hurt their feelings. Really? She was a huge fan of the show, did she not know she'd have to actually judge? Apparently not. She admitted on Larry King Live that she lied many times when she complimented contestants.

The original executive producer, Nigel Lythgoe, is (reportedly) returning to the show and has made it clear that he'd like to replace all the judges. He said in the past that when Simon left, he'd like to shake things up. And he hated the 4-judge format. As he put it in an interview, once you've been told you suck, you really don't need to hear it three more times.

·
Super Moderator
18,393 Posts
I actually thought she did better than I expected, but then my expectations were really low. Not that I dislike her, but she really was a fish out of water.

Other rumor is that J Lo is close to signing a deal as a new judge.

·
Super Moderator
26,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I still want Harry Connick, Jr. The best mentor ever! :)

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Chris Isaac is the MAN!

He would be great for the show, and maybe a whole new audience will discover one of the most underrated artists ever. :D

·
Super Moderator
26,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kara is out, too. I think her contract was not renewed.

Today's rumor, Jlo and Steven Tyler (ewwwww!) are in. Well, it's not like either of them are doing anything else. But Steven Tyler? Not sure he can stay out of rehab long enough. Plus, ewwwwww! He's a mess to look at and listen to.

·
Super Moderator
26,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I heard that one, too. I guess if we can't have Paula..... :)

·
Super Moderator
18,393 Posts
Boy that sounds like a recipe for disaster. I don't see any chemistry in that trio (I've read that Randy is in). I think Steve would be the Simon replacement for telling it like it is, but he just doesn't have the charisma to pull it off like Simon. And really...if you're trying to be current...hiring someone who peaked in the 70s and had a second flash in the 90's isn't going to do it. And that's coming from someone who likes Aerosmith (who are actually on tour right now, so he does have something to do for a couple more months anyway).

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would not consider myself an Idol fanatic but I do like some of the new talent. Admittedly, I was upset when Jennifer Hudson got voted off... :(

But getting back to the topic at hand, I wonder if Trevor Horn would be a good choice? He may not be as direct as Simon, but he is a very accomplished producer. Like Harry Connick, he knows his music.

·
Super Moderator
26,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On every poll I've seen in the last few weeks, Harry Connick, Jr., has killed! By a longshot.

On the latest poll, Jessica Simpson, Steven Tyler, Chris Isaak and Jennifer Lopez all got less votes than "other". :)

·
Super Moderator
26,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Whew! Did NOT want her to be a judge.

Jennifer Lopez was rumored to be close to finishing a deal, but according to People.com, Jenny From the Block is out.

“Her demands got out of hand,” a source told the magazine. “Fox had just had enough.”
Hopefully, Steven Tyler won't end up being one, either.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts