Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I'm so excited! My wife and I overheard that our manager had found a litter underneath her house, and they needed homes. So, we discussed it, and looked into treatment options for my wife's minor allergy problems, finally deciding that Emily was meant to be ours.

She's 4 weeks, very healthy, playful, and already more at home with us than we could have possibly hoped.

You can see more pictures in my signature, but here she is:

My only worry is that she bites my feet a tiny bit. Any advice?

This is our first kitten, wish us luck!

-Nathan & Emily

·
Registered
35 Posts
OOOooo... she looks like she will have a very silky coat when she grows up! As far as the toe biting goes, I don't really know. I'd just say "NO!" in a stern low voice so she knows you mean business, maybe she will catch on that you don't like it and stop. My cat used to get a little rowdy when I was playing with her so if she bit my hand too hard I would just kind of push it towards her mouth, so rather than pulling it away and she bite down harder, she would just want it out of her mouth. Does that make sense? I dunno if either of those are good ideas, I just figured I'd throw 'em out there!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Oh is she adorable! Seriously too cute for words! Good luck with the toe biting. China does this a bit and I just make a loud eh, eh, sound and then give her a toy to play with. Seems to work for now!

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
Ohhh my what a cutie :luv !

She's only doing the toe thing because she is such a young kitten - she would be pouncing on littermates if she could. Redirect her play impulses with toys, things on strings, etc. and she'll soon learn what to pounce on and what not to pounce on. Cats don't learn too well with harsh tones of voice or punishments the way puppies can be taught - it is better to redirect them instead.

Welcome to the joys of "first kitten"! And welcome to the Cat Forum!

Fran

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! We appreciate your comments :)

This seems like a great forum, we have alot of things to ask, not sure where to start so I'll post them when I do. She's passed out in my lap right now, she spends about 3-5 hours a day there while I produce music. Such a well mannered kitten.

You guys have some beautiful cats as well! I look forward to talking with all of you and sharing in the joy of kitty ownership; she's already blessed my marriage and my life more than I could have possibly imagined.

-Nathan & Emily

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Oh I love how the bottoms of her paws are black! She has such a unique look about her, I've never seen a kitten quite like your Emily!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts