Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my cat, KC, is 7 and just recently or today more than anything she's been acting really wierd.
she's been purring constantly and meowing.
she's been jumping up on me and crying until i pay attention and pet her.
but the following around is really odd she's never acted like this.
like i'll be sitting in the living room and she'll come over and just start hollering until i get up and follow her into my room where she then goes on my bed or on my shelf or in the closet and i'll be there and she calms down and all is well but then i leave and she comes, finds me, and does it all over.

i don't think this is something i should really super worry about is it?

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
KC just wants to cuddle, and it sounds like she has a preferred place to cuddle in. It's probably nothing to worry about, but a vet checkup wouldn't hurt.

Are you not around her as much, or not paying as much attention to her as you had been?
Just snuggle with her for a while each day, and give her some play time.

There is a chance she's not feeling well and wants to be near her meowmie to feel more secure. Feeling sick makes a kitty feel vulnerable.

:kittyball

·
Banned
12,199 Posts
None of the behaviors you describe are abnormal for a cat. HOWEVER, if this is a sudden and drastic change, then she's probably trying to tell you something. The first thing to do is to get her checked by a vet. Be sure to tell the vet about the changes you've observed.

·
Super Moderator
18,409 Posts
I agree with Tim, if this is a sudeen change and very out of character a vet visit is warranted. Many times a cat that isn't feeling well becomes needy and clingy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts