Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow cat lovers -
I've got a question about my single cat. I'd like another one, but the landlords say nada happenin. Any ideas on how to keep him busy and happy during the day when I'm gone? Sometimes I think he feels neglected. He is normally a tremendously affectionate cat, but will sometimes rampage from room to room, with a low meow/ near growl in his throat.

On a somewhat separate issue, I'm also trying to teach my single cat to do his business in the toilet. I've read a bit about this, and we're in phase 1: there is just a toilet seat sitting in his litterbox. He just sits right inside the toilet seat, and tries to ignore it. Has anyone out there succeeded in this? So far I feel that I've effectively decreased the size of his litterbox, which neither of us like.

I'll be interested in what you have to say - thanks for the input!
-Cattertail

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
cattertail said:
Hello fellow cat lovers -
I've got a question about my single cat. I'd like another one, but the landlords say nada happenin. Any ideas on how to keep him busy and happy during the day when I'm gone? Sometimes I think he feels neglected. He is normally a tremendously affectionate cat, but will sometimes rampage from room to room, with a low meow/ near growl in his throat.

On a somewhat separate issue, I'm also trying to teach my single cat to do his business in the toilet. I've read a bit about this, and we're in phase 1: there is just a toilet seat sitting in his litterbox. He just sits right inside the toilet seat, and tries to ignore it. Has anyone out there succeeded in this? So far I feel that I've effectively decreased the size of his litterbox, which neither of us like.

I'll be interested in what you have to say - thanks for the input!
-Cattertail
Welcome to the forum!!
Is he neutered?, hold old is he?
Does he have toys? cat tree? do you play with him?
As for the toilet training.. I don't have any experience.. my thing is that if you REALLY want a cat and he doesn't learn to use the toilet is going to be a problem!

·
Registered
261 Posts
i have the citty kitty too lol.

i cant get my cat past the part that you remove the litter completly. seems like if i dangle a bag of litter on the side shell go. im fortunate that my cat will pee anywhere, even though thats sort of a bad thing, she follows the litter wherever it goes.

what i did with city kitty is place her current litter box in the bathroom. when it was time to dump all the litter for the new batch i busted out the city kitty and started on phase one which is the pan completly covered in litter. as soon as i was done i grabbed her (she was watching the whole time) and sat her on her new toilet. she sniffed and ran off. hours later she did her business.

i have also found that sometimes when i clean the litter up too good she kinds of question if its her toilet so what i do is leave some used litter nearby or just use the scooper to dig some used liter out the trash and pour a little so she can recognize the scent.

hth! :mrgreen:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts