Cat Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
They all seemed happy to see me. The ones who were more feral/shy were more friendly. One of the friendlier ones was absolutely thrilled to see me. I could not believe how affectionate he was. He was never very feral or shy but I couldn't get too close or pet him.
But when he saw me he ran right to me and would not leave my side! I couldn't pet him enough! I spent an hour sitting with him petting him. Then as I'm leaving to go to my car he runs ahead of me and waits by the car door. Two of his sisters following.
Maybe they've had enough of winter and want to be indoor cats.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Lucky you! My semi-feral is still very shy after a couple *years* of my effort. Mine must have had really bad experiences prior to moving here.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Meggie, I am SO happy for you!!!!! :wiggle Such a fantastic update to come on to! I bet they missed you like crazy! You can tell they were probably disoriented from the snow, so that's why they were so happy when they finally found you! :D I can almost guarantee they're ready to be indoor kitties after that crazy winter storm! haha

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
animals know more than us, one morning I watched my captive born and raised panther chameleon, he "turned off" his bright colors, left his small basking branch under the light, went to the biggest lowest branch it his huge vivarium, pressed his body down tight and wrapped legs+tail around the limb.. I new a hurricane was was on its way, but nobody told him!! those cats if they could most likely would have said " we have to go to a safe place for while, can't stay here, we'll be back have food ready"

21 - 31 of 31 Posts