Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since we got Envy we have had to travel a lot for my fiance's work, we simply couldn't condone leaving Envy with friends or family for 28 days out of the month so we took her with us. At first she HATED it and cried throughout the car ride but later...well as you can see she got pretty comfortable. (no we didnt put her anywhere she climbed those places herself)

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
What a pretty cat! Looks very curious too, I don't leave dangly stuff from my rearview mirror anymore, I know someone will bat at it. :lol:

P.s-I hope you weren't driving then, it can be very dangerous if your kitty is on the dashboard!

·
Premium Member
8,186 Posts
Holy Moly, you were driving, like 60mph! I can see it on your dashboard!! Probably not a safe idea.... But, you do have a ery cute kitty! Wonderful markings!! :lol:

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was taking shots of her when she did it so I snapped a couple quick shocks and took her down. I would never let anything happen to my prescious baby, and yes she is a Bengal.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Dakota or Durango? That dashboard layout looks familiar...

Payge, something you might think about - What would ever happen to Envy if you had to make a panic stop? Can you say projectile?

Peace,
Mike

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have to agree with the others. Your cat is a BEAUTIFUL cat - please put him in a carrier. I'm so anal that I even put a seat belt around the carrier. I've heard too many stories of car accidents where the pet is thrown from the car and it's not pretty. Not only is it very dangerous for the owner but it's equally as dangerous for the pet. Just as she got used to riding in the car, she'll get used to riding in a carrier. It's much more stable and safer for them. She has gorgeous markings by the way! Very pretty cat. 8)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was a 12 hour car ride and yes I probably used bad judgement, if I promise to always keep her in the carrier from now on will you stop with the lectures? I would never(without having a serious blonde moment as this obviously was) do anything to endager my cat.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Please don't feel picked on. We just worry about cats here, especially one as pretty as yours. :)
I did about the same thing years ago. I had a cat who was absolutely awful riding in a car. Being on the verge of she and I both going insane I let her out of the carrier hoping she would settle. Sure enough, she sat on my lap the rest of the time! I was just glad I didn't end in a traffic stop. I would have hated to have to explain to a police officer! :roll:

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Don't worry I'm not lecturing -- everyone pretty much covered it. So I'll just say...."No Envy you cannot drive!! Kitties cannot drive cars!!" Just pass that message along to her and give her a little nuzzle for me. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts