Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I am new here. I have a question concerning EU Pet Passport. Anybody here brought their cats into UK through Heathrow :?: How strict are they? I had my cats microchiped, vaccinated, blood drawn and tested and I am now waiting for the six-month period to pass. I've found approved route. I know about the ticks and other treatments 24 hrs before. Anything else I should rememeber about? What is your experience with bringing cats into UK 'cos I'm really scared that I'll forget about something and they won't let them in. :? :oops:
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
560 Posts
If worse comes to worse I believe the most they will do is quarentine them. I believe what you have done is pretty much what they require - have you called in and asked if there was any other requirements needed? I'm very curious to hear what others say about this process - since I too might be living in Europe in a few years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gabreilla Moushigo said:
If worse comes to worse I believe the most they will do is quarentine them.
I've invested quite a lot of money into the scheme cos it costs a bit and I am now seperated from my cats cos I've got to work here and they're being cat-sat by my dear friend in my flat for six months so I'd hate to have them quarantined for another six months. :cry: I'd sooner die :cry: and if you've ever gone through Heathrow passport control when there is some paperwork like visas required then you'll know how unfriendly these guys sometimes are :x (I know that's part of the job to appear tough and almighty but it's just so stressful). Just wanted to know if they're being very strict and what impressions people had when dealing with the official vets. :oops: I'd be grateful for some replies :oops:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts