Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the little kitty I've been obsessing over! I'll try to get a picture of my cat Tigger on the forum as well... I'll have to wait until my mother returns with the camera though. I didn't realize until now that I don't have a digital picture of him. Ah well... ^_^ This is a picture taken from the cat breeder's webpage - I'll try to send in pictures of when he is with me. The punch bowl is cute... but if he looks this adorable... I'm wondering what he'll be like in action! *super kitty pose!*

Isn't he so pwesious! He is a Himalayan btw… >_< I kept saying “Persian” like a fool… blah… I went onto some random cat search… and the breeder’s webpage was under “Persians” for some reason. Maybe the web designer thought she sold those kind of cats and put her under that link… not sure… either way… my cat is so freakin’ cute! I'll be getting him next month for my birthday! ^_^

~Gaby

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
He's a beautiful kitten! My colors and resolution are very bad, so I can't tell, but does he have points? Many breeders of Persians also raise Himalayans. The Himalayan is a result of crossbreeding the Persian with Oriental cats, such as Siamese, to get the points. It is recognized as a breed, however, and has been around for quite a few years.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah - he has cream points - and don't worry - I can't see them very well either. The picture might just be a little off (or distorted his coloring when the flash went off). I've seen his mother's markings though (cream pointed as well) - and she is seriously beautiful.

His markings also might not be showing through because he was still kind of young when this was taken. I'm sure he is a much bigger boy than he is in this picture. I'm very interested in seeing how he turned out (his markings anyway).

It really worked out though... I really wanted a Himalayan cat more than a Persian... I just loved the markings!

As soon as I get a chance I'll take a picture of him and send it in so you guys can see him... Tigger too... they are my babies! *squeeze!*

~Gaby

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, hehe Mr. Halifax. My boyfriend and I were trying to think up names for the kitty. We didn't want to give him a typical cat name, or something plain... so we discussed everything from Captain Peacock to Mr. ?

We found the name while looking up names of the world... I believe that Halifax was a British based last name... I can't remember though, so forgive me if I'm wrong hehe! It just seemed to suit him! So there we go... Mr. Halifax.

Here were a couple names we were thinking about calling him:

Mr. Huntington
Captain Peacock
Mr. Halifax
Mr. Griffith
Mr. Frisken
Mr. Theobald

I liked Mr. Frisken myself! It's just Mr. Halifax just sounds so... strange... that I love it! People will probably think I'm talking about a person rather than a cat... hehe!

Just a little while longer... and he will be mine... yay! ^_^

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
He just makes me go awww with his cute wittle pose - he is sooooo pweshious indeed - yum :D !

·
Registered
865 Posts
Halifax is the city I work in - thought you lived here. Halifax is the provincial capitol of Nova Scotia actually. Biggest city in the Canadian Maritime provinces too...

I think there's a Halifax in England as well.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's cool to learn about "Halifax" ^_^ Nah - I don't live there hehe. He is my cute little boy!

Out of all the kitties available... he was the only one laying down to the side of the bowl, instead of standing at attention... I guess that's what I liked so much about him. He's a lazy bag of fur that will probably crawl into my lap every moment he can... just what I love about a cat!

I hope he turns out at nice as I invision him. If he's a little ball of craziness... well... I already have a crazy feline... so I should be able to deal hehe.

I can't wait!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is an updated photo of my baby. ^_^ If the eyes look a little funny - I edited them. There was serious red eye so I air brushed the red out.

Only two more weeks! I can hardly wait!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Uhhh, Jeanie are you familiar with all of the needs of a long-haired breed, such as a Himmie? LOTS and LOTS of grooming to be done, you know.

In that light, you probably better let me have him. Around here, what's a few more white kitty hairs, anyway? :roll: :wink:

Peace,
Mike

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
Oh, my poor, misguided friend, Mike! Didn't you know that I showed and bred Collies for about ten years? One Collie's feathering would make twenty Himalayan kittens! Speaking of which, Beethoven really needs a bath and grooming.

My Blacky, one of many Blackys, but one I had for 16 years, was a DLH, and so was Tigger, my son's cat. I went to a Catholic College, and you should have seen what Father's suit looked like after a violin class with me! I shared the wealth. :wink: Creampuff was white, and her fur made a lovely contrast with the black suit...Funny how we don't see all of that fur until we get into the car? Ah yes, black with white, black, and sable. Father looked sharp! I wonder if he was a Franciscan?

So, you see, I am far more qualified to care for this Himmie! Obviously I was grooming the animals better than I was my own black slacks! In case you missed the point, black does not go well with white long haired cats or dogs. Do you suppose that's why my minister hasn't visited lately? So, what's your profession, Mike? Muahaha! The Himmie is MINE, MINE, MINE !

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
Gabriella, just in case you are wondering, Mike and I-and a few others usually feud over beautiful kittens. We're really friends, though, and just kidding! (So when will you be bringing the kitten?)

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think I have a lose lose situation with Tigger - since he is all kinds of colors - I can't wear white or dark clothing without him leaving his mark. I do believe cats are more attracted to dark colors though... darn it... my black suite also bears the hairs!

Anyways - I know how much you want my kitty - he is so cute after all - but he is alllll mine! ^_^ You can look at him though - I don't mind.

Once I get him... picture time!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Here is yet another picture of my little boy! This time I didn't have to airbrush his eyes. It looks like he is wearing eyeliner! So cute! I love the blue... *ahhhh* ^_^ His points are showing up pretty nicely now - so cute! My pwecious little baby!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Why not get furry clothes? It could be high fashion and a cat owner would recognize another cat owner from the furry pants, skirts, jackets etc. Of course it has to be fake fur!

CUTE KITTEN! :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts